Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a new truck for the shop to haul with. With the price of trucks now I didn’t want to feel any pressure to “have to” have shop work to pay for both vehicles. Currently my full time job pays all our bills and I want to keep it that way. I have approx 20 days off a month and that’s when I’m in the shop.

Going to focus on finishing my wife’s build and do some stuff for the truck. It’s a 2020 F350 platinum diesel Dually.

Brett
I get it, vehicle prices are getting out of hand, lol. So you’ll be wheeling the wife’s rig at Moab this year if yours sells by then?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I get it, vehicle prices are getting out of hand, lol. So you’ll be wheeling the wife’s rig at Moab this year if yours sells by then?
Yes. She already told me if we’re taking hers it needs skids and armor. I’ve got a winner. I have two months to sell mine! Need to get it posted. It’ll be a turn key built rig

Brett

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Brett, I’m a big metal cloak fan but a lot is required to run their lifts. RK not a fan at all!!
Interested in what you don't like about RK? I'm running their 3.5" X-factor and it is absolutely bulletproof (with a warranty to back it up) and drives like a dream.

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Update to my post-
I decided to keep the 4door JLU shocks and dove in this weekend. This was the first time doing a lift on a Jeep and I was on my own.
The lift install was time consuming but not overly complicated. It took me longer than it probably should because I was taking my time and making sure I did things correctly.
I started at about 6pm on Friday and worked until about 11:30pm. I had the entire front done. I bought the extra TeraFlex front track bar relocation bracket had it drilled and mounted. I just needed to ratchet strap the thing to get the track bar bolted back up but was out of energy.
Started back up Saturday morning about 9am. I finished bolting the track bar in and turned the Jeep around for the rear. I had a 50th birthday party to go to that night and needed to leave by 5pm.
I was totally finished and did a 5 mile shakedown ride at 4pm! The steering wheel needed straightened but the jeep drove perfect. Better than stock! Just in the nick of time and I drove it to the party about 20 miles.

I have the shocks in the soft setting. The ride was more stiff but not in a bad way. No more rolling feel in turns. No more diving while braking. I figured I could make it a little better with tire pressure. The next day I played with pressure and found that cold 29 and warmed up to 32 was the sweet spot for me. It smoothed out the ride just enough for me.

Really happy with the lift and the way it turned out. The look and feel was exactly what I was looking for.

Before-

upload_2020-1-26_20-15-10.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-15-48.png

After-
upload_2020-1-26_20-16-36.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-17-2.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-17-22.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-17-56.png

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Update to my post-
I decided to keep the 4door JLU shocks and dove in this weekend. This was the first time doing a lift on a Jeep and I was on my own.
The lift install was time consuming but not overly complicated. It took me longer than it probably should because I was taking my time and making sure I did things correctly.
I started at about 6pm on Friday and worked until about 11:30pm. I had the entire front done. I bought the extra TeraFlex front track bar relocation bracket had it drilled and mounted. I just needed to ratchet strap the thing to get the track bar bolted back up but was out of energy.
Started back up Saturday morning about 9am. I finished bolting the track bar in and turned the Jeep around for the rear. I had a 50th birthday party to go to that night and needed to leave by 5pm.
I was totally finished and did a 5 mile shakedown ride at 4pm! The steering wheel needed straightened but the jeep drove perfect. Better than stock! Just in the nick of time and I drove it to the party about 20 miles.

I have the shocks in the soft setting. The ride was more stiff but not in a bad way. No more rolling feel in turns. No more diving while braking. I figured I could make it a little better with tire pressure. The next day I played with pressure and found that cold 29 and warmed up to 32 was the sweet spot for me. It smoothed out the ride just enough for me.

Really happy with the lift and the way it turned out. The look and feel was exactly what I was looking for.

Before-

upload_2020-1-26_20-15-10.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-15-48.png

After-
upload_2020-1-26_20-16-36.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-17-2.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-17-22.png

upload_2020-1-26_20-17-56.png
That’s awesome buddy, when you turn your own wrench your official in my book. I assume that’s a 2.5” with 35’s given that you had those tires in the before pic? I’m siting on a TF 3.5 with 3.3 SP2’s, spring time install.

Sponsored

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That’s awesome buddy, when you turn your own wrench your official in my book. I assume that’s a 2.5” with 35’s given that you had those tires in the before pic? I’m siting on a TF 3.5 with 3.3 SP2’s, spring time install.
Yep! 2.5” and 35s.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone try running 37" K02 with the st2 using the bumpstop shims and have photo's feedback, reports of rubbing?

OP
OP
jenzeee

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Update:

Running on 39s KM3 now.
Changed to 3.5' RK triple-rated springs and added IR-Alpine control arms. - Much, much better.

IMG_2020.jpg

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Update:

Running on 39s KM3 now.
Changed to 3.5' RK triple-rated springs and added IR-Alpine control arms. - Much, much better.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR: Teraflex ST2 lift kit w/Falcon 3.3 SP2 - "disappointed" & issue IMG_2020
Love this rig. I think it sits perfect. 🤩
How are you liking those 39s? Did you have to remove or cut any of the inner fender plastic?

OP
OP
jenzeee

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Love this rig. I think it sits perfect. 🤩
How are you liking those 39s? Did you have to remove or cut any of the inner fender plastic?
Thank You. I love it too.

I might upgrade to 4'5 because the RK springs seem to run a bit shorter. In the Sumer I'll go to the Rubicon trail which means rock crawling and some good additional weight of payload.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You. I love it too.

I might upgrade to 4'5 because the RK springs seem to run a bit shorter. In the Sumer I'll go to the Rubicon trail which means rock crawling and some good additional weight of payload.
So you you made your own kit, thats awesome, So RK springs, 3.3 Falcons? Do you think 3.3 falcons will serve me well on stock jeep springs since theyre pretty soft

OP
OP
jenzeee

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So you you made your own kit, thats awesome, So RK springs, 3.3 Falcons? Do you think 3.3 falcons will serve me well on stock jeep springs since theyre pretty soft
I doubt it that the rubi stock springs will work. They are probably too short.

I suggest you call the Teraflex customer service. They know for sure.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Really helpful thread. Even better when OPs post updates >1yr later!! I’m considering swapping out to a softer set of springs that will ride better w/ my Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks.
Sponsored