Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Just as an update for everyone. Insurance is still in process for this. Getaround is providing me with one month of lost rental income for the jeep. Once the estimate comes out for the vehicle payout. I will update you all soon.
That's sweet. I am still waiting for somebody to take a drone to the area. I am curious :LOL:
Sponsored

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just as an update for everyone. Insurance is still in process for this. Getaround is providing me with one month of lost rental income for the jeep. Once the estimate comes out for the vehicle payout. I will update you all soon.
Maybe that will offset the additional cost of replacement (taxes, title, registration,etc); that the insurance company won't cover, even if they do a full replacement (unlikely).

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Maybe that will offset the additional cost of replacement (taxes, title, registration,etc); that the insurance company won't cover, even if they do a full replacement (unlikely).
I recently had a total loss. Taxes, title, and registration should be covered. But they will pay current market value of the vehicle taking into consideration age and mileage. I was able to negotiate 5k more for what they offered me.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I recently had a total loss. Taxes, title, and registration should be covered. But they will pay current market value of the vehicle taking into consideration age and mileage. I was able to negotiate 5k more for what they offered me.
Through your car owners insurance or a "vehicle sharing's" insurance, such as the OP?

I'm curious to find out the outcome of this, especially the financial ramifications.

Last edited:

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
CA Insurance regulations require the insurer to pay for the registration (prorated of course, like everything else) - not an insurance company choice if they insure a vehicle in CA.

Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Just had our Gladiator out on a trail with 99% Wranglers and didn't get caught once, in fact stayed in it until the end!

would consider a gladiator but am even more hesitant on renting a truck, significantly higher chance of someone overloading it in the rear.

plus, those gladiators are whales on the trail! Had a Tacoma DCLB not too long ago which was similar to the gladiators length and that thing get caught up on everything.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I honestly feel sorry for you.
But renting out a Rubicon is bad news sorry if cash flow is an issue sell it.

UDUBJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T
would consider a gladiator but am even more hesitant on renting a truck, significantly higher chance of someone overloading it in the rear.

plus, those gladiators are whales on the trail! Had a Tacoma DCLB not too long ago which was similar to the gladiators length and that thing get caught up on everything.
No one likes to get overloaded in the rear! Sorry!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
This was 100% owner fault rent out a Rubicon.
Not thinking they would abuse it are joy ride it hard.
If cash is an issue sell it.

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Cash was not an issue. Read the thread. It sounds like the guy could buy and sell 90% of us.

OP
OP
SoCalWrangler

SoCalWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Occupation
Engineer/ Real Estate Agent
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm... wonder what ever happened & how this turned out??
Getaround has to be one of the slowest systems for processing claims. Still waiting on the claim for all those still tracking it.

You my friend should really consider reading the thread before posting comments as such as every little aspect has been discussed.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getaround has to be one of the slowest systems for processing claims. Still waiting on the claim for all those still tracking it.

You my friend should really consider reading the thread before posting comments as such as every little aspect has been discussed.
Again talking a good game is easy if you are loaded (WHY RENT IT OUT)???????

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Cash was not an issue. Read the thread. It sounds like the guy could buy and sell 90% of us.
If that’s the case then this is a business venture &he is accepting the risks associated w/ renting out his cars. He also should be paying income tax on the rental. If I approached this as a business I’d have added insurance for GAP & rental loss coverage.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If that’s the case then this is a business venture &he is accepting the risks associated w/ renting out his cars. He also should be paying income tax on the rental. If I approached this as a business I’d have added insurance for GAP & rental loss coverage.
I’m not sure you meant to quote me, as it has no context, but...

He likely is paying income tax on it. I’m not sure what this has to do with anything anyway.

The chances his Jeep will be worth less than what he owes on it are slim (gap insurance).

He already stated that Getaround is giving him loss of rental income.

What he has or doesn’t have on his policy is of no consequence. This isn’t going on his policy, it’s going on the Getaround’s.
Sponsored