Sponsored

JLUR Stolen: Help track it down!

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
I just have the 7" radio in my Jeep but the Durango has the 8.4 uConnect system. I can look on the uConnect app and see where it is so I would think Jeep/Mopar should be able to see where it is and coordinate with the authorities.

Good Luck
Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Was the Jeep reported as an embezzled vehicle or a stolen vehicle? Usually a rented/leased vehicle is handled a bit differently but it ends up still being a stolen. Also if you can track the location and have a police case number, you can contact the local agency where your vehicle is located and they will recover it. I believe you said W/O Phoenix, so give them a ring, it’s worth a try. Best of luck.

frogger2020

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Wrangler JL
Hey guys,

So i rent my Jeep on car sharing apps like Turo and getaround. Recently a guy rented it on getaround and fled to mexico.
Wait, you rent out your Jeep to some stranger? This isn't a Jeep that you rented and got stolen?

Seems overly risky and I don't let anyone else drive my Jeep, much less let a stranger have it for some time.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Yes I recall one of the issues was related to power steering and brakes. Possible accident and liability should a vehicle be shut down while in operation, and the thief smashes into something due to lack of steering input.
There was an18 wheeler that lost power in traffic and created a huge accdent

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I just hope for your sake it's not already parted out.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Hey guys,

So i rent my Jeep on car sharing apps like Turo and getaround. Recently a guy rented it on getaround and fled to mexico.

Already filed a police report and claim with Getaround but cant help but wonder if I can remotely shut it down. I have the 8.4" Uconnect system with SiriusXM Guardian. Is there any way to have the authorities use the tracking system to remotely shut it off and retrieve the vehicle? According to the tracker, Its currently about 20 miles from west of Phoenix.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
I told you I was going to Mexico for the weekend and would pay the additional rental charges when I returned!

DaNimbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito-Gone, 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
My personal insurance company is out of the loop on this one as this was from the rental company service. The Getaround company will provide a payout for such but id like to see if i can recover the vehicle if possible. Jeeps are weird, you get attached to them....
Well, I know things I get attached to I wouldn't let random stranger put their grubby fingers all over and rent out for the weekend, but that's just me... good luck getting your ride back.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Is this guy you rented it to? Post #25

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I'm pretty sure 20 miles West of Phoenix does not = Mexico...

Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Pretty sure that's a joke.

What's odd to me is the avatar is of a JK; not a JL. Think this is even legit?

***EDIT***Stalked the OP a bit. Apparently, it's legit. He had a pic of a dark gray maybe black JLUR a while back. You can never tell nowadays***
Good eye, I also think your request for photos and other information is legit...:movember:

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I highly recommend any GPS tracking system that is installed with an ignition cut off.
Long story short our previous BMW 5GT was stolen off our driveway in the Netherlands. It was 4 years old and we bought it used. We had insurance through BMW EU and due to the original new sale price of the car we had to have one of those tracking devices installed as an insurance requirement - also costing $$$. This was touted as the top of the line, could disable the car if it was stolen, had a tracking device, and if they couldn’t “see” it for 36 hours (incase it was deactivated) we got a phone call. Bla bla bla, 5:30 AM car gone. We heard NOTHING. The tracking company couldn’t see the car, it showed still in our drive way.

The worst part? They were not even surprised. Your keyless entry key is constantly sending out signals to look for your car. Apparently crooks buy this device for a few hundred bucks on Amazon, stand at your front door and read out the code from your key. Then they copy the code onto a blank key, and take your car, drive off and disable the tracking device.

They even said these types of cars are usually stolen on order and end up with the tracker pinging in Africa a year or two later.

I was pissed for weeks. We drove A LOT for our business and this was the best traveling car we’d ever had. We replaced the car with the insurance company but it’s not the same. I still get upset at the idea of someone else driving my car - stolen.

Keep your keyless entry keys in an old tin can when you are home. To know if its a good one, put your phone in there and have someone call you. No ring, good thing.

OP
OP
SoCalWrangler

SoCalWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Occupation
Engineer/ Real Estate Agent
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys to those curious of about the whole situation. This is the last location that I got. Here is a photo of it near maple springs trail near my place... looking for my registration to find the license number

BAE1B8AA-6876-42BA-A8E4-FF4E5CB43A58.jpeg

456BC19D-20DB-4B3B-9A6C-694EFBC06E3E.png
Sponsored