JLUR Stolen: Help track it down!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Found a photo from the App with my license plate on so here the number!
8LPC446.

ive tried the horn function many times to no avail

CBC297A5-7FCE-4F55-AC7C-6B755E5159BD.jpeg
Guys..

It’s probably a different color by now.

Maybe sarge green? Or gobi?

P.S. Just hit the horn button and don't touch anything, it takes about 30 seconds to activate. Just repeat doing that about every hour.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
How about i explain this before you jump to a demeaning conclusion.

1. I have called the police, they have requested a final notice that is sent from rental companies when vehicles are not returned. The rental company is reaching out authorities and Sirius Guardian for this. The rental company has claimed it as stolen and I will be receiving a reimbursement for my losses(total loss on the jeep)

2. if you read Post 38...

Is renting for everyone? Hell no but does it make sense financially? normally yes. You have to detach yourself from the vehicle which is difficult for many to do.
I guess I got confused by why they needed info from rental company if your the actual owner. Doesn't that take precedence over a 3rd parter rental company or something? So do you own the jeep or the rental company? it just seems confusing.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
This is pretty risky on the thieves end as I would assume their would be an electronic paper trail to the renters phone or any electronic device he used to book it. I live in North Jersey and they're getting pretty brazen around here. My friend works at a benz dealer and one of his customers had two cars stolen right out of his driveway all on camera. They didn't even use laptops or anything to copy the keys, they just rolled up with 4-5 guys in the middle of the night and broke right into the house while they were sleeping and took off with his G wagon and BMW M3.

Usually any areas located around ports are meccas for car theft as they're immediately loaded in containers and shipped out of the country almost the same day.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

lets get guns a blazzing and get that jeep!. i'd drive out if it wasnt a 8 hr drive to that location for me!

Sponsored

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
FYI, that location is in Arizona, not Mexico. That's middle of the desert between interstate 8 and interstate 10. Also, ~30 miles west of Gila Bend, probably 100 miles from Phoenix, but still in Arizona....not Mexico...

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

get close and drone it. never know what could be going down in that area.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

JFYI...that area's where people take stolen cars to strip, then burn them. Then shooters come along and fill it full of holes. Not good.
dibs on the axles!! just sayin..... if the vehicle is getting parted out anyways...

waaaay back in the day, back in the early 90s, i knew guys who would rent vehicles like theirs (higher end models) and swap parts with the rental cars and return them. the rental company was none the wiser. seems like a solid idea. go rent some guys rubi, swap axles with him (im sure he'd notice the wheels sitting in more lol).

i mentioned this thread to my wife yesterday. i said maybe we should put the GT500 on Turo. she said hell no! i can imagine some stranger doing burn outs in my car and smoking my $1700 clutch!

you have no idea what kind of abuse your vehicle is going through while some stranger is out driving it around. stuff that you may not be able to detect upon its return, but shows up later. or serious wear and tear on a consumable item like a clutch, brakes, tires, etc...

just looked on Turo. seems you can get $66 for renting out a JLUR to strangers. my Sport would only bring $62 lol. im half tempted to toss my suburban on there. for $53 a day. it just sits for the most part and i almost couldnt care what happens to it lol.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Not really...you can buy burn phones for like $50 at Walmart, then get prepaid cards.
Still not full proof depending on where they used the phone and the location data that can be obtained. Example brought/used it in their house.

OP
OP
SoCalWrangler

SoCalWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Occupation
Engineer/ Real Estate Agent
Vehicle Showcase
Latest position is here:

for those questioning the whole Mexico deal. The GPS showed that it was in Mexico earlier this week. Now it is currently here

632BA83E-99CB-4F97-8388-9BC99B91A5F8.png

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Still not full proof depending on where they used the phone and the location data that can be obtained. Example brought/used it in their house.
they put a lot of effort into investigations when there is a murder. for some random stolen vehicle (#57 this week), i doubt they'd go through all that. i believe they'd need a warrant to obtain that data. and even then its circumstantial evidence. i may be wrong but i dont think the phones gps pinpoints a detailed location with longitude and latitude, meaning, it could show the vehicle was next to an address but not necessarily on that person's property.

same thing with what someone mentioned earlier about CBP at the border. my wife is CBP. worked in outbound for years. the only reason they'd stop a vehicle at the border (exiting) is if there is a BOLO (amber alert, murder, kidnapping, etc..) on it or its highly suspicious. and theyre not putting a BOLO on a standard stolen vehicle. as many stolen vehicles there are at any given time and how many vehicles cross the border on a daily basis. same reason they only do random searches on incoming vehicles (or suspicious or have intel). the detective is also not going to call CBP at the border and say "hey, a jeep was stolen and might be heading to the border, but i really dont know. keep a look out k?". not that you just call CBP at the border anyways lol.

all for 1 of 10 vehicles that was stolen in the area before lunch today? nah...

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Put this on reddit and start a "Raid this guy's stolen JLUR" event, you know, like Storm Area 51 you guys pulled a while back?

Lock ‘n load.

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Latest position is here:

for those questioning the whole Mexico deal. The GPS showed that it was in Mexico earlier this week. Now it is currently here

632BA83E-99CB-4F97-8388-9BC99B91A5F8.png
Theres literally NOTHING there. How could you not just go yourself and get it or at least drive by and check?

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 1.34.45 PM.png

Mangoman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
Wow. I don’t even let my wife drive my Jeep. You’re a trusting person. Good luck with recovering it.
Sponsored