Sponsored

JLUR Steel Bumper vs JK 10th Annv Bumper

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Can anyone help me identify a JLUR Steel bumper vs. a 10th Anniversary Bumper. What should I look for to tell the difference? Couldn't find this question answered yet? Pics would be great.
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 10th anniversary on mine. I am not 100% but pretty sure there are only 2 major differences. 1. The led lights each have a plug as the old JK had two separate wires one for each fog light where as the new one has the wires routed through the bumper. 2. The bumper does not quite fit without drilling out one of the holes on the passenger side about 1/64".

Other than that I think they are almost identical.

OP
OP
OversandJL

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
I have the 10th anniversary on mine. I am not 100% but pretty sure there are only 2 major differences. 1. The led lights each have a plug as the old JK had two separate wires one for each fog light where as the new one has the wires routed through the bumper. 2. The bumper does not quite fit without drilling out one of the holes on the passenger side about 1/64".

Ok, so it looks like the wiring will be the dead giveaway. One plug vs Two. Hopefully the one I'm looking at still has the wiring.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so it looks like the wiring will be the dead giveaway. One plug vs Two. Hopefully the one I'm looking at still has the wiring.
Once you have it on you will never be able to tell .
IMG_20180810_094513331_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

rocky

First Name
rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited JLU

I found a 10th anniversary jk rubicon steel bumper for sale , so besides a small amount of drilling it should fit my JLU ?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Looks to me like there are quite a few differences.
Taper down where the winch sits is deeper and steeper on JL. Number of bolts across the winch cutout are different. And the general curve of the front of the steel is more squared on the JK. Tow hooks sit in a flange on JL, flat surrounding hooks on JK. Plastic protruding bumper pieces medial to fog lights taper more to smaller flat face on JL, JK are bigger and wider.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I found a 10th anniversary jk rubicon steel bumper for sale , so besides a small amount of drilling it should fit my JLU ?
Yes, I just drilled out a single whole, it was super easy. I also ordered a winch plate and installed a winch and it installed pretty easy as well, there was a few mods but overall it worked out well.
IMG_20190316_173713.jpg

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes, I just drilled out a single whole, it was super easy. I also ordered a winch plate and installed a winch and it installed pretty easy as well, there was a few mods but overall it worked out well.
IMG_20190316_173713.jpg
Which plate did you end up ordering, the JL or JK plate for the winch?

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Looks to me like there are quite a few differences.
Taper down where the winch sits is deeper and steeper on JL. Number of bolts across the winch cutout are different. And the general curve of the front of the steel is more squared on the JK. Tow hooks sit in a flange on JL, flat surrounding hooks on JK. Plastic protruding bumper pieces medial to fog lights taper more to smaller flat face on JL, JK are bigger and wider.
Yep, was about to point these out but no need now. To me the JL version looks just a little more refined and the JK version looks to be dated when you look at them in comparison side by side. So one may not see it at a quick glance or recognize the difference from afar but when side by side I think it’s easy to spot.

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Yep, was about to point these out but no need now. To me the JL version looks just a little more refined and the JK version looks to be dated when you look at them in comparison side by side. So one may not see it at a quick glance or recognize the difference from afar but when side by side I think it’s easy to spot.
Meh, I say if you find a good deal on a 10th anniversary bumper scoop it up! You would need a serious OCD keen eye to tell the difference, which 99.9% of people do not have.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
IMG_20190316_173713.jpg
I want to know what winch plate you used too. I had my 10th anniversary I’d used on my JK sport so it was free to me and I’m starting to look into putting a winch on it. Thinking I need a JL plate.

F0D204E1-2496-4A99-BEA0-525DE32F3CF7.jpeg

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want to know what winch plate you used too. I had my 10th anniversary I’d used on my JK sport so it was free to me and I’m starting to look into putting a winch on it. Thinking I need a JL plate.

F0D204E1-2496-4A99-BEA0-525DE32F3CF7.jpeg
I used the ATP Winch Plate System. I would assume most would work but I bought this one off eBay for $100 back in 2018. I had to make a couple small modifications to make it work but nothing major.

HiLow1Go

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Have the same bumper and thinking of using the ATP option… what small modifications did you do to make the winch plate fit? The bumper fits fine with no drilling needed…
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR Steel Bumper vs JK 10th Annv Bumper 14F2F603-D1B6-42C8-9FFF-00D53141547F
Sponsored