• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Virginia JLUR shocks &springs

RCR88

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl unlimited sport
Looking to buy JLUR springs and shocks. Can't seem to find anyone on here who will ship.. you'd think as many who install lift kits they'd be easy to come by. I'm in SW Virginia, 24018 area code.. thanks for any replies. šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored

DougM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Hi, I have some JLUR Springsā€”what size are you looking for?

OP
OP

RCR88

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, I have some JLUR Springsā€”what size are you looking for?
I've got JL Wrangler Unlimited, so looking for both springs and shocks to put on my wrangler and raise our about 2 inches from what i've read. Don't want to really go with a lift kit right now, so I think this might do for awhile..

OP
OP

RCR88

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got JL Wrangler Unlimited, so looking for both springs and shocks to put on my wrangler and raise our about 2 inches from what i've read. Don't want to really go with a lift kit right now, so I think this might do for awhile..
Would also need sway bar links.

DougM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did a bunch of research on these forums, I will see if I can track down a key post or two, but definitely use the search button ā€”read those posts ā€” and see what related posts are suggested at the bottom of the thread you read....

Also, you may want to search on AnnDee4444 postsā€”there are some tables that AnnDee keeps:
JL/JT Gearing Calculator
Shock, Spring, & Suspension Info
Torque Curves: 3.6, 3.0, 2.0

Bottom line, the factory options determined your (and others) factory spring packagesā€”which vary. My first Rubi takeoff kit purchase only yielded 2 of 4 useful springs because that Rubi shipped with soft top, and my model had hard top and tow package. When all was said and done, my swap was simply springs and shocks, plus adding a 1/2 inch Teraflex level kit. LCAs & links were same part numbers so no need to swap. With the help of a farm jack, wheel chock, impact wrench, torque wrench & a second jack, my son & I completed it in about 4 hours in the driveway....

Crawl under and see what springs you have, and also check the LCA numberā€”Iā€™ve been meaning to post mine for sale, Iā€™ll do that today.

DM me with questions, Iā€™ll be happy to elaborate....

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Looking to buy JLUR springs and shocks. Can't seem to find anyone on here who will ship.. you'd think as many who install lift kits they'd be easy to come by. I'm in SW Virginia, 24018 area code.. thanks for any replies. šŸ˜Ž
I gave up on finding a bargain and bought a set of takeoffs from Rubitrux. Shipping was prompt and the items were packaged well. They promised, "Removed from JLU Rubicon Wranglers w/ Hardtop, Dual Top, or Power Top. This gives the heaviest spring options for lift height." They delivered a 659/660 589/590 set that is two notches beefier than what I have on my Jeep from the factory, so I am optimistic. I have not yet installed the springs.

If you want to get a set fast, you can pay what I did and have it in a few days. If you want to save money, you might stand to benefit from my lack of patience. I have a Willys, which is supposed to have "Rubicon shocks" from the factory. I have confirmed that this is true, and the shocks I got are identical to the ones already on my Jeep. Make me an offer and we'll figure out how to get them into your hands. I live in Christiansburg, and work in Roanoke.

I'm selling the shocks only, as I'm using the springs. I don't imagine there is any market for my own takeoff springs, so maybe I will see what I can make out of them in my forge.

DougM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gave up on finding a bargain and bought a set of takeoffs from Rubitrux. Shipping was prompt and the items were packaged well. They promised, "Removed from JLU Rubicon Wranglers w/ Hardtop, Dual Top, or Power Top. This gives the heaviest spring options for lift height." They delivered a 659/660 589/590 set that is two notches beefier than what I have on my Jeep from the factory, so I am optimistic. I have not yet installed the springs.

If you want to get a set fast, you can pay what I did and have it in a few days. If you want to save money, you might stand to benefit from my lack of patience. I have a Willys, which is supposed to have "Rubicon shocks" from the factory. I have confirmed that this is true, and the shocks I got are identical to the ones already on my Jeep. Make me an offer and we'll figure out how to get them into your hands. I live in Christiansburg, and work in Roanoke.

I'm selling the shocks only, as I'm using the springs. I don't imagine there is any market for my own takeoff springs, so maybe I will see what I can make out of them in my forge.
Take a look at my post: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-rubicon-springs-lcas-other-parts.72700/
Sponsored