Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
These situations are why you have insurance. The insurance will cover this. The Jeep is trail rated and it is being used per what the manufacturer designed it for.The only time it would not cover it is if you are entered into a timed race event.
ya i actually vertified mercury insurance will cover me offroad aslong as it is not part of a race or something. not all insurance companies do, anyone in this hobby should verify.. I stick with mercury for that specific reason. also if you send them your invoices, when you buy after market parts, they will cover your part cost on upgrades.. fyi
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Throttle response was good
40’s and 5:13 gears, crawls awesome
was in reverse but it took to long to engage... computer lag
Definitely not a mall crawler, but didn’t make that climb

Out of curiosity, what was the repair bill?

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
These situations are why you have insurance. The insurance will cover this. The Jeep is trail rated and it is being used per what the manufacturer designed it for.The only time it would not cover it is if you are entered into a timed race event.
Before someone reads this and rolls their jeep thinking they are covered... I would recommend everyone check with their own insurance agent. Not all insurance providers will cover this, it is dependent on how your policy is written.

Sponsored

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I wouldn't assume anything, I'd be reading the policy statement and exclusions.

That said - with a dozen claimed rollovers by the subject of the video - I have to ask what does someone like this do with their insurance?

I am certain mine would have surcharged the heck out of me and/or cancelled - State Farm - which is great insurance, always cheaper for me for the coverage than anything I've seen anywhere else - but there's no way they'd put up with this shite more than once or twice.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My bud just rolled his $75,000 2020 Rubicon Gladiator over on its side about two months ago. Approximately $9000 in damages. While at an off road park. His insurance fixed it back to new with zero hassles.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR rolls multiple times off potato salad hill FB_IMG_1617759364051

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Throttle response was good
40’s and 5:13 gears, crawls awesome
was in reverse but it took to long to engage... computer lag
Definitely not a mall crawler, but didn’t make that climb
Second guessers arm chair quarterbacks suck.... An inch one way or another can make a world of difference. I have run that exact obstacle several times at a few different angles without rolling, yet I have seen others roll it taking the same line. In turn, the couple of times I have rolled, it has been on obstacles I had no problems with before and followed the line of the person in front of me they made it fine. I saw your lights go on and your hands stay in. Tells me you can drive and did not freak out. Just not your day on that line. Risk is always what you make of it. Not sure many people have died on that obstacle and it is not falling off a cliff so while you may total your vehicle you most likely will not die! Seems reasonable to me. If I am ever worried, I have my daughters get out of the rig.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
For some unknown reason people seem to think insurance won’t cover you in the event something bad happens.

Sponsored

Kirtm333

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wow, that did escalate pretty quickly. I of course would have been going slower and pushed on my clutch because I'm awesome.

I'm curious about the suspension setup and if that was a contributing factor. I can't really tell, but I wonder if there was a lack of down travel. The rear in particular doesn't seem to flex much.

The rear bumpstop extensions only look like 1". So unless the shock was bottoming before the bumpstop, that might be a pretty short shock. Combine that with a lift to clear 40s and less weight with no doors or top, my amateur guess is that there was only a couple of inches of down-travel.
2 1/2” lift and not a factor.
computer said I shifted to fast into reverse and took its sweet time 🤯

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
2 1/2” lift and not a factor.
computer said I shifted to fast into reverse and took its sweet time 🤯
That is scary. Even with my manual I’m a little paranoid the computers will try to be “smart” in that exact situation. I just realized I should have double checked that hill start assist was turned off for my EJS week (my wife likes that feature on the rare occasion she drives the Jeep).

OP
OP

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
That is scary. Even with my manual I’m a little paranoid the computers will try to be “smart” in that exact situation. I just realized I should have double checked that hill start assist was turned off for my EJS week (my wife likes that feature on the rare occasion she drives the Jeep).
Yeah the manual can be affected by the computer pretty severely. In my JK at least I’ve had times where I’ve gone pretty quick through some ditches or whatever, and coming out of if the ABS light is flashing and the computer pulls ALL timing. Like you are going 2 MPH in first gear maybe. Not fun.
Sponsored