Sponsored

Kirtm333

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hate to see that. Glad the spectators were out of the way and the driver was smart enough to have his/her seatbelt on and kept their arms and legs inside as it rolled.
It went slow so after it hit the side I was like oh shit we’re going all the way down and I grabbed on tight. Not my first roll

Kirtm333

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
All things considered; the stock sport cage handled it better than I would have assumed. I saw another angle on tiktok lemme find the link.

Edit:

Kudos on the driver for keeping his hands on the wheel though. Pretty sure that alone saved him some appendages

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe5AdWdt/

Seatbelts and not panicking

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It went slow so after it hit the side I was like oh shit we’re going all the way down and I grabbed on tight. Not my first roll
Curious, how many times have you rolled a Jeep? Which leads to the inevitable second question, why???

Sponsored

Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Please post some pictures of that Jeep before the roll! I would love to see that wrap before the destruction. :like:

InTooJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '07 Trailblazer
more than a dozen, 1st time in a JLU...
I like the difficult trails and the adventure they bring.
Well, I have to say - you're an expert at rolling them over then!
Too much Hulk, not enough Cap'n in your wheelin' strategy lol.
Glad you're ok though.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
How much for the uncracked windshield?

J/K, I know it got destroyed...

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 F450, 1986 Toyota Pickup
I think it’s important to try to break down what went wrong here and learn from it.
1. Throttle response was too chaotic and you can see the suspension unloading and hanging that front passenger tire. Better gearing advantage and crawl ratio can help here (cue the do I need to regear in 37” tires questions).
2. once in trouble, stop and settle the chassis. Re evaluate.
3. Risk Vs. reward on this obstacle just isn’t there. Look at the off-camber drop off he rolled down. That shelf isn’t a huge challenge for that rig on its own, so why try it when you are looking at such A big off-camber drop ? risky.
4. If you end up in this situation on a trail, where it can feel like “do or die” strap the right to an anchor point or rig.

Not meant to criticize the driver here, just trying to share what I see. I think the majority of our forum are not rock crawlers.
Sponsored