Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
It went slow so after it hit the side I was like oh shit we’re going all the way down and I grabbed on tight. Not my first roll
ya in slow motion you can see your wheels start to turn backwards, just was to late the weight of the vehicle was against you.
Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm curious and I ask this constructively as I don't have a lot of experience. It seems like people are always anxious to lift and get bigger tires. But is there a point where you really compromise roll potential on the quest for more GC? Let's say this jeep wasn't as lifted, would it have decreased the changes of the off camber roll?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I'm curious and I ask this constructively as I don't have a lot of experience. It seems like people are always anxious to lift and get bigger tires. But is there a point where you really compromise roll potential on the quest for more GC? Let's say this jeep wasn't as lifted, would it have decreased the changes of the off camber roll?
Yes and no, you wouldn't have the ground clearance required for a lot of obstacles without a lift and larger tires. Lower center of gravity always helps reduce the likelihood of a rollover. It's a balancing act. My goal is always the biggest tire I can fit with the least amount of lift necessary.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
yes that is why some folks go for what they call a low center of gravity build. say 2.5" lift, with a 37" tires (or bigger with higher clearance fenders), then they do things like move the steering stabilizer, exhaust, track bars, etc up higher to help with ground clearance.. and add extra shielding underneath for more protection.

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
yes that is why some folks go for what they call a low center of gravity build. say 2.5" lift, with a 37" tires, then they do things like move the steering stabilizer, exhaust, track bars, etc up higher to help with ground clearance.. and add extra shielding underneath for more protection.
You just described our exact build aside from the exhaust I haven't moved yet. 2.5" lift, 37×12.50 Yokohama geolanders, metalcloak stabilizer relocation and fad skid, asfir4x4 engine skid, and upgraded rock sliders. When these tires wear out we will likely go to 40's at the same height with fender mods.

FB_IMG_1613410781289.jpg

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You just described our exact build aside from the exhaust I haven't moved yet. 2.5" lift, 37×12.50 Yokohama geolanders, metalcloak stabilizer relocation and fad skid, asfir4x4 engine skid, and upgraded rock sliders. When these tires wear out we will likely go to 40's at the same height with fender mods.

FB_IMG_1613410781289.jpg
you know what i love about your build is you have prioritized function, not looks.. that is a quality rig.. jealous of all you go to do..and it looks great too.. love the stance.. I am getting my 3rd jeep this week.. and doing a RK 2.5 with upper and lower control arms, track bar, fox factory racing stabilizer and IFP shocks, and 37 ko2 for my first round.. will want to go back and to do the relocation and shielding when i fill the piggy bank back up

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
you know what i love about your build is you have prioritized function, not looks.. that is a quality rig.. jealous of all you go to do..and it looks great too.. love the stance.. I am getting my 3rd jeep this week.. and doing a RK 2.5 with upper and lower control arms, track bar, fox factory racing stabilizer and IFP shocks, and 37 ko2 for my first round.. will want to go back and to do the relocation and shielding when i fill the piggy bank back up
Fortunately I have a like-minded wife. The jeep is her daily driver. Our son is grown now and we are both established in our careers so we plan trips as often as possible. Already have most of the summer planned. Tillamook memorial day, telluride 4th of July, chalice, Idaho in August, and Arizona in September. We will mix in some shorter day trips in the Sierras on top of that. Even with all those trips I think I'm only taking 4 non-holiday/weekend days off work. It's a road warrior lifestyle but it works for us. Thanks for the kind words, we are definitely all about keeping it simple and enhancing what the jeep already had going for it stock.

Last edited:

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
Going to start a JT build! Being driving the JKUR till
It’s done
Kirtm333, you on the Gladiator sister forum too? My wife has a JLR and I have a JTM. I’d love to see what your doing on your JT build.

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
If you have Giecko they wont cover any thing off road. "We do not offer any offroad coverage regardless of the nature of the incident, nor would we be liable for any use or misuse of any insured vehicle taken off of a recognized government highway or road."

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
If you have Giecko they wont cover any thing off road. "We do not offer any offroad coverage regardless of the nature of the incident, nor would we be liable for any use or misuse of any insured vehicle taken off of a recognized government highway or road."
The Rubicon trail is a "non-maintained County road" according to El Dorado County. Most trails are forest service roads out here. Good luck using that excuse gieco, these are government roads by definition. Don't even get me started on private driveways, gravel, dirt, or paved. Do they really think they can just deny claims because they don't want to pay? If you roll your vehicle off an embankment or on ramp, you are now offroad, and that is where all the damage occurred so I guess they won't pay there either. Add it to the list of reasons I don't use gieco.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubicon trail is a "non-maintained County road" according to El Dorado County. Most trails are forest service roads out here. Good luck using that excuse gieco, these are government roads by definition. Don't even get me started on private driveways, gravel, dirt, or paved. Do they really think they can just deny claims because they don't want to pay? If you roll your vehicle off an embankment or on ramp, you are now offroad, and that is where all the damage occurred so I guess they won't pay there either. Add it to the list of reasons I don't use gieco.
All the same highly recommended insuring with a company that specifically covers Offroad use on there policy. Mercury covers my jeep

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
are those the met g003 by the way? if so how do you like them?
They are the x-mt's. They are amazing off road and surprisingly good on road. Handle fine at freeway speed and are relatively quiet for such an aggressive tread pattern. At really slow speed like parking lots you can feel the lug slap, but at driving speeds they aren't bad at all.

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
Yeah I might have to start looking into another insurance company, I get a good rate with Giecko, and had them for ever, but it would suck if anything happened offroad.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
It went slow so after it hit the side I was like oh shit we’re going all the way down and I grabbed on tight. Not my first roll
How did you eventually manage to get that out of there? It was missing one wheel and part of an axle.
Sponsored