Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
For some unknown reason people seem to think insurance wonā€™t cover you in the event something bad happens.

Here is one of our guys from our local Jeep club that rolled his JK at Bear Wallow. Insurance fixed this also.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR rolls multiple times off potato salad hill 1617790369851

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't assume anything, I'd be reading the policy statement and exclusions.

That said - with a dozen claimed rollovers by the subject of the video - I have to ask what does someone like this do with their insurance?

I am certain mine would have surcharged the heck out of me and/or cancelled - State Farm - which is great insurance, always cheaper for me for the coverage than anything I've seen anywhere else - but there's no way they'd put up with this shite more than once or twice.
I'm guessing his rates are top tier (price, not value)...

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
Yeah the manual can be affected by the computer pretty severely. In my JK at least Iā€™ve had times where Iā€™ve gone pretty quick through some ditches or whatever, and coming out of if the ABS light is flashing and the computer pulls ALL timing. Like you are going 2 MPH in first gear maybe. Not fun.
Yeah I took my manual JL to the beach last weekend. I parked for a bit, which turns the nanny assists back on. I came over a dune into some fluffy sand. Traction control and such kicked on, was like LOL NO, and stopped me in my tracks

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Nice to know insurance covers this but a 1k deductible + increased rates for 3 years is a tough pill to swallow.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
The angle is way off. Take a look at the people standing on top. It is steep, but not nearly as steep as that shot makes it look.
ya I watched like 3 version,just saying this one really give you the feel of what itā€™s like to roll a rig.

Sponsored

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
Honestly still impressed with how well the driver handled the situation, from the minute it started creeping over to the end when it settled.

Also, still curious how they got the rig off the trail..