Sponsored

JLUR Questions - value of the HD 4:1 and how the sway bar disconnects works?

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Looking at ‘21 getting rid of my Sport S cuz values are insane right now. If any can explain the value of the HD 4:1 and how the sway bar disconnects works I would greatly appreciate it. Do I still have to manually reconnect them, reposition them out of the way off-road?
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Do you have a dealer with one in stock? Are you trading, or selling 3rd party? I’d be worried about selling, then suddenly being told the new one will be marked up because of shortages.
The 4:1 just slows you down in 4L. My M/T can crawl up rocks just by easing off the clutch, no skinny pedal required. It is great when dealing with big drops, or trying to ease a tire onto a big obstacle.
The sway bar is literally a button. You push it to disconnect (when conditions are right) and you can push it again to reconnect (when conditions are right). It also automatically reconnects if you start picking up speed.
If you want, you can go to MOPAR’s site and read the rubicon manual.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you are wanting to know how it works, and not just how to use it, best I can describe it is that it allows independent articulation of the left and right sides of the front sway bar using magic and electronics.

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
If you are wanting to know how it works, and not just how to use it, best I can describe it is that it allows independent articulation of the left and right sides of the front sway bar using magic and electronics.
I have the JKS quick on my sport so I know how the sway bar helps the vehicle off-road. More the process of how a Rubicam sway bar disconnect functions

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
I have the JKS quick on my sport so I know how the sway bar helps the vehicle off-road. More the process of how a Rubicam sway bar disconnect functions
Not sure this is the best explanition. But where the sport is one solid bar all the way crossed. The rubicin is a two piece that is splined and connects in the center in a housing. When you hit the button a motor pushes the two pieces apart

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Not sure this is the best explanition. But where the sport is one solid bar all the way crossed. The rubicin is a two piece that is splined and connects in the center in a housing. When you hit the button a motor pushes the two pieces apart
Yes it does!! Will it auto reconnect then?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes. I believe at 18mph. We have the tazer which allows us to override that
Can you elaborate on that? I have a tazer too and i am able to disconnect the sway bar even in 2H, except it will reconnect every time you exceed 30mph and then disconnect again once you come to a complete stop. I thought even with the tazer, the 30mph limit is there, it certainly is on my rubicon.

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
Can you elaborate on that? I have a tazer too and i am able to disconnect the sway bar even in 2H, except it will reconnect every time you exceed 30mph and then disconnect again once you come to a complete stop. I thought even with the tazer, the 30mph limit is there, it certainly is on my rubicon.
Yes the tazer moves the speed from 18 to 30mph. And let's it disconnect in 2wd as well. Ther is a function you can program called swaykill. That will allow it to stay disconnected at any speed.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
4:1 just isnt necessary unless you are on large rocks (boulders) and the more granular gas modulation becomes important.

The Rubicons push button sway bar disconnect is unique to the Rubicon. You can still disconnect on any other Jeep for a couple hundred bucks and 20 minutes of work to install, but it requires you to get out of the Jeep and manually disconnect/reconnect.

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
4:1 just isnt necessary unless you are on large rocks (boulders) and the more granular gas modulation becomes important.

The Rubicons push button sway bar disconnect is unique to the Rubicon. You can still disconnect on any other Jeep for a couple hundred bucks and 20 minutes of work to install, but it requires you to get out of the Jeep and manually disconnect/reconnect.
Thanks, yeah my 18 Sport has the JKS quick which are nice but still annoying. I was more interested in the mechanism which someone else informed me was in the center which makes sense to me. The closest equipped new one I could find has the 4:1 so not a big deal but couldn't find a great explanation online
Sponsored