• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

JLUR Premium Soft Top for Sale (Near Boston)

Hshontz

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Brand new black premium soft top for JLUR. It is new in box, never been taken out. Located near Boston. $2,000

IMG_2010.jpg
Sponsored

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Good afternoon,
I had to cancel my MOAB edition order, so I am missing the dual top option and looking for the premium soft top I am missing. Looking at my order form and jeep.com as the link below shows.

https://www.jeep.com/build.wrangler...SDU,UAQ,X9,PSC,24M,APA/filters/filterGroup3:1

Maybe I am looking at this wrong. but adding the premium soft top is $1,200 MSRP . Adding the dual top to the Rubicon costs $2,295 but you are paying to upgrade the soft top as well as get the hard top. I believe the price should be closer to the $1,200 price point. If you decide to lower your price I would be interested.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
That $1200 is a package price. The retail price for the premium top is over $2600. His ‘ASKING’ price is fair. You can find it for less than that but you’re also going to be waiting in line because there is still limited availability. Go to any parts dealer and tell them you want the premium top for $1200, they’ll laugh you off the lot.

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That $1200 is a package price. The retail price for the premium top is over $2600. His ‘ASKING’ price is fair. You can find it for less than that but you’re also going to be waiting in line because there is still limited availability. Go to any parts dealer and tell them you want the premium top for $1200, they’ll laugh you off the lot.
Not sure where you are seeing your mopar prices, but on their website the most expensive soft top is $2,350. https://store.mopar.com/accessories/2018-jeep-wrangler_jl-exterior_accessories-tops/
If you find this a good price you are welcome to buy it. I fully commend Hshontz, for being able to make money on part of his vehicle purchase. MSRP to add a soft-top is $1,200 on the MOAB. On the Rubicon and Sahara they charge $1,200 to upgrade to the black freedom top or $2,295 for hard top and premium soft top. So by my math at MSRP that addional soft top cost is $1,100. Like I said I am in no hurry, and don't mind waiting for someone who bought a jeep with the dual option they won't use. Cheers!

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
The price paid as part of a package deal does not apply to the price of a stand alone item. The premium soft top thru mopar is $2,250 +tax and shipping. I can’t imagine anyone is going to give you a $1k discount on a new in box top. I have seen some used tops in the $1200 range, but you would need to be in the right place at the right time. Maybe you should check out ebay or craigslist. Good luck!

97A93741-F4A0-4B39-B21C-7F13A224C2AB.jpeg

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of I love debating, ha! I understand the point you all are making, I just don't agree. I have an offer for one at $1,100 that I would take if I had time to go pick it up. They say anything you do to your jeep you are lucky to get half the value back. By the logic I am seeing here, everyone should have purchased the dual tops to sell them at twice their purchase price. In fact if you can sell at the $2,000+ mark you have practically upgraded from the cheaper soft top, to the hard top for free. If you can do that, awesome! That would be the only Jeep part that I have ever seen sell second hand for that kind of premium.

The price paid as part of a package deal does not apply to the price of a stand alone item. The premium soft top thru mopar is $2,250 +tax and shipping. I can’t imagine anyone is going to give you a $1k discount on a new in box top. I have seen some used tops in the $1200 range, but you would need to be in the right place at the right time. Maybe you should check out ebay or craigslist. Good luck!
I wouldn't expect anyone who purchased a top at 2,250 to turn around and sell at half price. If someone paid for that top, then it went on their jeep and isn't new. But if someone ended up with a dual top, but only wanted a hard top. Why not recoup the extra money you spent ($1,000-$1,200 depending on model and deal you worked out)? If you are able to sell it for full MOPAR pricing, by all means go for it.
Sponsored

Last edited: