Sponsored

JLUR owners with Sky One Touch Top: any shade options?

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Have a 4xe with Sky One Touch and love it rolled back but wind and Sun are bothersome for the wife and kids so was thinking of getting one of those shade pieces like from Alien.

Most that I’ve seen are mesh so air and sun get thru but obviously reduced impact. Wondering for those that have something how do you like it? Does it keep wind and or sun out? Is there a lot of noise when driving?
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I have the Alien sun shade for my Freedom Roof Panels. The screen reduces sun and wind about 50%. I like it.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
You want a static roof in addition to your mobile roof that can be operated up to 60 m.p.h?

Sponsored

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR owners with Sky One Touch Top: any shade options? dims

shade is the button closest to the windshield

rocco7869

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Altitude JLU
Have a 4xe with Sky One Touch and love it rolled back but wind and Sun are bothersome for the wife and kids so was thinking of getting one of those shade pieces like from Alien.

Most that I’ve seen are mesh so air and sun get thru but obviously reduced impact. Wondering for those that have something how do you like it? Does it keep wind and or sun out? Is there a lot of noise when driving?
Here are a couple I found while searching around. Not as cheap as the others.

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/jl-4-door/products/jl4d-power-top?variant=19439036661846

https://hotheadheadliners.com/colle...ky-one-touch-power-top?variant=39330102116418

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
You want a static roof in addition to your mobile roof that can be operated up to 60 m.p.h?
Yes because when the top is open I get 80 degrees of sun glaring down on me. On top of that going more than 30 mph I get such a strong wind gust that messes up everyone’s hair and makes a lot of noise.

Look, I get it, Jeeps are Jeeps. But Jeep marketed towards me to use my Jeep as a family SUV. Wasn’t that long ago that Jeeps didn’t have AC because why do you need it? When it gets hot just take the top off. But that’s not who the current audience of Jeeps are and if I want to open my top yet have a way to reduce sun and wind, it’s not that outlandish of a request.

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

Sponsored

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
I have the spiderweb and don’t go topless without it. Actually l leave it on always. The direct Sun is a bit much and the shade gives you open air with just enough filter imo. Hope they work with SOT.

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
Thanks yeah some of those are what I’m considering. What I can’t decide is if I want the full one piece or two small pieces. Trying to find out the pros and cons of each
Had a one piece on my JK and 2 piece on the JL. I think I like one piece a touch better as you do get more wind through 2 piece but I like the look of the 2 piece better. It’s a toss up.

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Had a one piece on my JK and 2 piece on the JL. I think I like one piece a touch better as you do get more wind through 2 piece but I like the look of the 2 piece better. It’s a toss up.
Yeah that’s my exact dilemma. I love the look of the two piece. I do like the one piece look too but afraid all the glamour shots I’ve seen are not how it will look in reality. I can already see the speakers causing a bend on the one piece. Plus it needs to be snug tight otherwise it’s a little loose or floppy. But to your other point I do see how the two piece brings in more wind and the one piece should get better coverage.

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
Yeah that’s my exact dilemma. I love the look of the two piece. I do like the one piece look too but afraid all the glamour shots I’ve seen are not how it will look in reality. I can already see the speakers causing a bend on the one piece. Plus it needs to be snug tight otherwise it’s a little loose or floppy. But to your other point I do see how the two piece brings in more wind and the one piece should get better coverage.
The one piece was snug on my JK. Wouldn’t worry about the 1 piece looking bad. But I used to remove it before installing hardtop. The new ones can be left on, which I do with my two piece. Thought the two piece would give easier access to remove freedom panels. Not sure it does. It’s a bit of a PIA but works. Either way, you will likely be happy.

greige

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 farout
I have the hothead headliners shade. I never looked at anything else. I bought it in white. It was a pretty easy install and fits tight. Makes me want to leave the top open more often, between highway wind speeds and Florida sunshine at the red light. It doesn't flutter at all, and the only wrinkles are in the front left and right corners, which I could probably get out with a little more effort. I highly recommend it.
Sponsored