MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JKU with leather and have a JLU with CLOTH on order. Ordered most available options, but having had leather on my JKU for 7 years, I’ve decided the only way I’d buy leather on a Jeep again is if it had ventilated seats.

Have leather with the ventilated seats in my wife’s Denali and it’s awesome.

I’m in Colorado if that helps at all
Sponsored

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
Sport with cloth, only time I get zapped is when I touch the door by the latch.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I love the cloth interior on my rubicon, no second thoughts. Leather seams silly on a Jeep to me anyways. After having a few BMWs and Audi’s viewing the leather used on the Jeep, I thought it looked like cheap quality leather. I thought over the years of hard use the cloth would look 10x in better shape. these are just my thoughts and personal opinions so no offense to anyone that has leather.

Jeep'N

First Name
Venus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I covered my leather in my 2015 jkur with Bartact covers (love them) a month after I got it. I’ve had leather before and I hate it. Shorts and south GA heat makes your legs stick and sweat. So I didn’t waste the money when I ordered my 2019......cloth for me. I haven’t been zapped.....lol

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
This brings up an additional point. I've ordered cloth, for exactly the reasons discussed in this thread. The question is on scotch guard: is it really worth it with this material? A 90s cloth interior Honda, absolutely. But is it really necessary with this new cloth seat?

Honestly, probably gonna err on the side of caution and scotch guard the crap out of it. Just looking for thoughts/opinions.
Not sure but figured it was worth the small expense, I lightly wiped the seats down with a fabric cleaner and damp sponge just to get any surface dirt off the material after I had vacumned it then I purchased two large cans of scotch guard from the auto section in Wally World then I gave all the seats ( front and back) along with all the carpet about six light coats and lets it completely dry between coats and here in south Texas that don’t take long.

Total cost was like $25 so not a huge investment but some peace of mind just in case and so far so good as I have had some spills but all cleaned up very easily with no stains left

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Get the cloth seats if you want to Paul but appreciate, if you don't, that that center console on leather vehicles folds up to allow you to use that center seat.
That’s correct, but it has a protruding headrest which makes it difficult to place a child seat securely. The cloth seats don’t have this problem. Again it’s only a problem for people that want to place a child seat in the middle

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I live in Miami so I understand the heat can really cool up a black leather seat. And I too wish FCA would make a cooled seat option, not ventilated because that would just throw ambient air up your tush.
However , I seem to remember you are the same poster in Miami who ordered the cold weather package .

To answer your question , I prefer cloth .

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Cloth seats. Never been zapped in 6 months. Me or any passengers. Nor have we ever had "hot seat" syndrome. Its why I got cloth. Seats wipe off easily too. Even my Golden Retriever's hair doesn't seem to stick to it.

On a Separate note: One thing to know and its a problem on the JL as it was on the JK. Cloth and leather. The middle 2nd row seat has no support of any kind under it. Its just foam. So I bought one of these from MetalCloak.

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 12.14.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 12.14.39 PM.png
Why on earth is the middle seat not supported on a vehicle costing $$$?makes no sense

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
I ordered mine with cloth seats. My last JK had leather. When I was riding with the top down the seats got very hot. Have not had that issue with clot seats. I have leather in my other vehicles and love it, but not in my JL. I haven’t had a static issue and I am usually easy to charge.

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
Went with cloth... never been zapped.

Never had leather in a jeep so I don't know what I'm missing anyway.

Sponsored

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Also have a JLUR with cloth for all the reasons mentioned already. No zaps or regrets. Material is very nice and appears well made.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
If I’m not mistaken, I just read in here that there is an option for hex type leather seats as well as factory perforated leather seats on the 19s.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
However , I seem to remember you are the same poster in Miami who ordered the cold weather package .

To answer your question , I prefer cloth .
Yea pal, but remember I canceled that order because of the financing requirement.
Sponsored