Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Very glad to hear zapping is rare on the rubicon cloth. I guess it’s a different material less prone to static.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
If I’m not mistaken, I just read in here that there is an option for hex type leather seats as well as factory perforated leather seats on the 19s.
Yeah it’s like a couple hundred. I don’t know why they have perforated seats without ventilation?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Have never been zapped with the cloth seats in over 10k miles. Being what they are they don’t feel cheap. You can always switch your upholstery later on and the quality will be better than factory options.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I always prefer cloth because leather sucks honestly. Especially in a vehicle like the wrangler where you ride topless, in sun, etc. I honestly see absolutely zero benefit to leather.

Villagevip

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Ordering the tan cloth scotch guard seats (comfort), matching premium tan soft top....Gonna go for the custom, color matched high end leather headrest, and console top from SoFlo, for the luxury look and smell......

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
luxury look and smell.....
Seinfeld was surprised by a bad smell in his car left by a valet person , and then he tried to let someone steal the car , because he knew he'd never sell it , lol . What if you end up with the bad smell ?

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I love my cloth seats. They have a nice texture and our firm, but also contour forming when you sit in them.

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
Cloth is the way I ordered mine, love them. Only issue when you order cloth you do not get the fold down cover for the gap that cover the gap between the cargo area and the seat back when folded. So stuff can slide into that gap and get under rear seat. Any body order the carpeted cover and install it to cover the crack, if so how much was it??

azamani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Got a Sport S so obviously came with cloth. Very pleased with the quality and comfort so far and has the right look for a Jeep. Only concern is the quality when it gets wet? let's say I have the roof off and a thunderstorm comes along (I live in Houston so there's always a good chance for heavy rain) and the entire interior gets soaked. I've read Jeep did a test hosing down the interior where the screen and all features were still fully functioning. My salesperson also mentioned the interior is water resistant (I know there's a good chance he was up-selling it). Assuming all the buttons and everything inside is fine, anyone know if the cloth seats have anything special about them for water situations? Or do you just let it dry on its own and it goes back to normal? reason I ask- my girlfriend's cloth seats in her 2010 Sport develops a very nasty, muggy smell when it gets wet and left to dry. Although the durability is there which is important.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
There is still that smell if they get drenched. You’ll need to steam clean them or condition the covers

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I plan on ordering cloth. My @$$ sweats any time of year on leather and I hate it. I also don't want leather because of the dog. Seems odd I know, but from my experience as hyper as my dog is, he's scratched leather in my dad's Honda beyond repair. At least cloth is little more forgiving, at least my Silverado and Jeep haven't had a problem yet. I know there's seat covers to prevent the dog from scratching the leather, but why spend $1500 on leather to turn around and buy a seat cover?

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan on ordering cloth. My @$$ sweats any time of year on leather and I hate it. I also don't want leather because of the dog. Seems odd I know, but from my experience as hyper as my dog is, he's scratched leather in my dad's Honda beyond repair. At least cloth is little more forgiving, at least my Silverado and Jeep haven't had a problem yet. I know there's seat covers to prevent the dog from scratching the leather, but why spend $1500 on leather to turn around and buy a seat cover?
Agree 100% the cloth will take the dog abuse where it will tear leather up big time, and covers are not a good option, and look like hell!

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cloth is the way I ordered mine, love them. Only issue when you order cloth you do not get the fold down cover for the gap that cover the gap between the cargo area and the seat back when folded. So stuff can slide into that gap and get under rear seat. Any body order the carpeted cover and install it to cover the crack, if so how much was it??
Any one ever order the cove that falls when you fold the rear seat to cover the gap between the seat and cargo area?

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yup I went JLUR with cloth. Cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. Katzkin always an option. Might have gone leather if they had ventilated seat option.

I didn't even realize there was a difference in the back seat until you said that but it doesn't really matter to me. I don't think the center seat will ever be used.
Does anyone have pictures for comparison?
Sponsored