First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
I just gave the dealer the OK to place the order. I feel like I've just been released from self-imposed purgatory. Now I can relax and go back to normal life instead of hunting Rubicons. Researching, negotiating, more research, confirming, driving, changing my mind, reading more info, watching youtube Jeep vids, asking forum Qs, suffering neurosis, and indecision, etc.

After all that, I feel GREAT! Done! My wife is happy too. "Are you watching another jeep video?!"

Final Build:
$58,055 MSRP
$54,502 Invoice
$50,686.86 Sale Price (7% off Invoice)
+ $3,167.93 TX Sales Tax (6.25%)
+ $433.58 TTL+Doc
$54,288.37 OTD Price

Some notes:
I feel I could have done better than 7% off Invoice with a final round of asking "best and final", but honestly, I'm happy to be able to buy local and I don't like to be too greedy. Plus I'm going to turn around and spend a lot on aftermarket mods, so I was ready to just move on from the search process.

These forums helped more than I can say. I knew nothing of Treadlightly before, and that accounts for 1% of the 7%. Glad I found out about that.

Most of the suffering I alluded too above involves the complex (for me) process of getting to a point where I
a) know exactly what I want and
b) exactly what I'm willing to pay.
After that, it's just shopping quotes which I enjoy.

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 3.05.10 PM.png
Sponsored

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on taking the time to figure out what you want, getting a good deal, and finally making the order.

Bikini is a fun color. You are going to love your Jeep!

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You are going to be so happy that you custom ordered, and are getting EXACTLY what you wanted.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Buying the Jeep is just the end of the beginning lol

Congratulations
/\ THIS! "end of the begining"

My wife also was happy when I finally placed my order, commenting that I will stop obsessing over YouTube videos and forums... :LOL:

It does not stop, it just evolves into how-to, mods, off-roading, and anything else Jeep. Currently it is CB radio antenna mounts with a long list to follow. :jk::flag:

OP
OP
bravelion

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
/\ THIS! "end of the begining"

My wife also was happy when I finally placed my order, commenting that I will stop obsessing over YouTube videos and forums... :LOL:

It does not stop, it just evolves into how-to, mods, off-roading, and anything else Jeep. Currently it is CB radio antenna mounts with a long list to follow. :jk::flag:
Yep, still waiting. Now obsessing on finding a dashcam that can record pretty drives and other stuff and be easy plug and play into the Aux wiring switches.

Camp gear and accessories is the other thing.

So, yes, just a new phase of research, reading, watching videos.
Sponsored