JLUR OR JLUS. Moving from GA to FL in 3 years

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Traded in my 14 jkur 6 months ago and have been regretting it ever since. Definitely getting a new JLU. But... Not sure what to get. I live just north of Atlanta now and do some offroading /rock crawling and I love it. However, I'm moving to Tampa, FL area in 3 years when my son goes off to college. I'm stuck between wanting the rubicon now for GA where I'll get good use out of the rubicon but once we move to Florida... Well, not much rock crawling in FL. I'd still do some offroading but there's more sand there. Would the gearing in the rubi hurt me there? Better to have the 3.45 that's in the sahara for the sand/FL? Problem is, to make the sahara rock crawling worthy, I'm going to instantly have to add small lift and true offroad tires not to mention lockers in the back, at least. And at that point, there is zero price difference... And maybe even a bit more expensive for the sahara at that point.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Traded in my 14 jkur 6 months ago and have been regretting it ever since. Definitely getting a new JLU. But... Not sure what to get. I live just north of Atlanta now and do some offroading /rock crawling and I love it. However, I'm moving to Tampa, FL area in 3 years when my son goes off to college. I'm stuck between wanting the rubicon now for GA where I'll get good use out of the rubicon but once we move to Florida... Well, not much rock crawling in FL. I'd still do some offroading but there's more sand there. Would the gearing in the rubi hurt me there? Better to have the 3.45 that's in the sahara for the sand/FL? Problem is, to make the sahara rock crawling worthy, I'm going to instantly have to add small lift and true offroad tires not to mention lockers in the back, at least. And at that point, there is zero price difference... And maybe even a bit more expensive for the sahara at that point.
Thoughts?
Get a Rubicon now at Koons, then sell it in 3 years for no loss (and maybe a profit ? Lol) and then get a 2021 even improved JLU Sahara !
Problem solved !!! :)

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Thoughts?
Tampa is only an hour away from Ocala and its hard rock off-road park. Its a man made park with features and trails, some of which I wouldn’t try in a lifted rubicon.We may not have as many options in Florida but we still love to go wheelin.
Sponsored