Sponsored

JLUR on 35s with lift

tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 Ocean Blue
Is anyone running a lift on their JLUR with 35s? I'm on 35s on stock wheels. Everything is perfect on the road and trail, but my breakover angle is isn't great, so I'm bottoming out sometimes and hitting the skids. I'm thinking another couple inches would make alot of difference, but I'm not willing to give up ride quality to get it. Hoping someone has already gone down this path and can help with a quality full suspension lift kit- I'm not really interested in a spacer lift.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
In went with the 2.5" overland plus kit from Clayton, it's a great lift, the 35" look small with the sick Rubicon fenders, but like you I just really wanted to get the belly up and it has helped

OP
OP
tesla

tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 Ocean Blue
In went with the 2.5" overland plus kit from Clayton, it's a great lift, the 35" look small with the sick Rubicon fenders, but like you I just really wanted to get the belly up and it has helped
I was looking at that kit, looks nice. Have any pictures you can share?

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
2019 JLUR with 2" spring spacers. 35/12.5/17 BFG KM3s.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR on 35s with lift IMG_0895

Last edited:

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
With Teraflex 2.5” lift and 35/12.50/17 MTR’s. Certainly rarely bottom out any more as compared to stock.

9FCC8A54-F9FB-4B64-872F-1965AD0FCCB5.jpeg

Sponsored

CptKirk

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon codiesel
i think alot of folks are in their heads about this 35 vs 37 battle for the jlu. 35s look amazing with the 2.5” lift on these imo, and it’s gonna get you through almost any trail besides 9s and 10s as long as you’re with a buddy or two and have a winch and underbody protection. Lol id rather do this setup first to learn how to drive my jeep and then save up to mod it out for a bigger loft, better suspension, 40s and everything that comes with that in the future🤙🏻

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 crew Honda Civic si
i think alot of folks are in their heads about this 35 vs 37 battle for the jlu. 35s look amazing with the 2.5” lift on these imo, and it’s gonna get you through almost any trail besides 9s and 10s as long as you’re with a buddy or two and have a winch and underbody protection. Lol id rather do this setup first to learn how to drive my jeep and then save up to mod it out for a bigger loft, better suspension, 40s and everything that comes with that in the future🤙🏻
You’re probably right, I’m definitely an over thinker, but I think to a lot of people is about the looks more than the function. I definitely want it to perform but I have an idea in my head about what I want it to look like. Do you have the 2.5” Clayton kit with 35s? If so how does it drive? It’s my wife’s DD

CptKirk

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon codiesel
You’re probably right, I’m definitely an over thinker, but I think to a lot of people is about the looks more than the function. I definitely want it to perform but I have an idea in my head about what I want it to look like. Do you have the 2.5” Clayton kit with 35s? If so how does it drive? It’s my wife’s DD
That’s understandable, and for some the looks are 20+” wheels and bandaid tires haha. I’m actually waiting for my rig to come in. Getting a 22 jlurd, should be in by mid/late april along with the jks 2.5” lift with fox 2.0s and 35s. Im getting the venture jks lift and curie front lower adjustable control arms. Once it’s in and i drive it around I’m more than happy to share pics and my experiences. My reasoning for keeping it 35s and 2.5 instead of 3.5 and 37s is because its going to be my dd/weekend warrior, i dont want to have to worry about bearings and other issues that 37s can brong ip sooner. And for the reasons I mentioned in my first response

edit: I’m also basing the capability off of watching this dude go over level 6,7s and one 8 with only 35s no lift. Dont know if he’s here, but @satos if he is
Sponsored

Last edited: