Sponsored

JLUR on 1 Tons/40s/RK 3.5" X-Factor/PSC finally in the garage

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Trackhawk, AEV Prospector XL, Viper TA2.0, Dodge Demon, etc etc etc...
And between February 29th and today... BBR and I completed our mission. But now of course, we gotta start on stage 2.

MVIMG_20181020_190846~2.jpg

MVIMG_20181020_191126~2.jpg

MVIMG_20181020_191226~2.jpg

MVIMG_20181020_191151~2.jpg
Great looking set up! What axle specs did you order? Is that a 68" or 72.5" axle width? What wheel backspace? Any rubbing? Looking to order mine asap.
Sponsored

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Back in February, I traded the old tried and true JK for a shiny new JL. I took it up some moderate trails that first week and I was pretty thrilled. It performed like a champ. I really couldn't have been happier... that was until my buddy Billy Bob Ray came to visit from Seligman on February 29th.

I showed him my new pride and JLoy first thing, grinning ear to ear. Billy Bob Ray looked at me through narrow eyes and clenched teeth and threw his hat to the ground. Then he yelled so loudly, two neighbors came outside to see what the problem was.

"WHAT IS THIS! A JEEP FOR ANTS! HOW CAN WE BE EXPECTED TO GO OVER REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG ROCKS... IF OUR TIRES ARE ONLY KINDA SORTA BIG! THE JEEPS GOTTA BE... AT LEAST THREE TIMES BIGGER THAN THIS" Billy Bob Ray bellowed while spitting through his teeth.

I thought about it for a second... but when I looked into Billy Bob Ray's tired bloodshot eyes, I saw passion and conviction that just could not be ignored. There was only one choice. We got three cans of Copenhagen, some bottles of coors and some graph paper and got to planning on the hood of the jeep in the driveway. Boy did we plan hard.

By the time the cops pulled next to the driveway to arrest Billy Bob Ray for public intoxication/disorderly conduct/urinating in public (thanks to those friendly neighbors), we had a plan. We shared our detailed build plan with the responding officers, spitballed some new ideas and got invited to their police units charity poker game Friday. Then they told us to carry on just as we were... and good luck on the project.

When we woke up the next morning, the build plan was either lost or stolen. Billy Bob Ray interrogated the four surrounding neighbors and leaned pretty hard into two of them but we couldn't get any information to help recover the plans.

Anyway... we just decided to do this instead:
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor lift
(Upgrade to long arm when available)
Nitto Trail Grapplers 40x13.5x17
KMC XD231Beadlocks
King 2.5 adjustable shocks
Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
Dynatrac XD60 front axle
Adams Driveshafts
Upgraded brakes
Poison Spyder front bruiser bumper
Poison Spyder bruiser bumper skid
Poison Spyder rear bruiser bumper
Poison Spyder frame mount tire carrier
Rigid cubes in front and rear bumper
Warn Zeon 12 winch
Switch-Pro 9100
ARB twin air compressor
Cobra CB kit

IMG_20180404_092612~2.jpg

IMG_20180426_164403~3.jpg
This is the greatest writeup EVER! lol!

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Looks killer, how are the rubi rails holding up? I run steel also and generally favor its durability but I've never had much luck with roller fairlead. Once I put a load on them they didn't want to really roll much.

Looking forward to phase 2
Sponsored