Sponsored

JLUR Mopar lift users, especially those with 35s. Any regret?

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi everyone,
Just looking to gain additional perspective. Does anyone with MOPAR lift and 35's have any regret? Would you have rather kept the stock suspension? Was the trade off in decreased fuel efficiency not worth it in the end? (subjective).

Where I'm coming from, Rubicons w/Mopar lift is right on the borderline of potentially too much fender gap in my opinion. I think on Non Rubicons it looks perfect, since they have the lower fender. I just can't make up my mind if I want to pull the trigger from fear of regret. I do want to stick with the MOPAR lift, as I don't consider myself to be a crazy rock crawler, and I like the idea of keeping my vehicle equipped with as much factory upgrades as possible.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,
Just looking to gain additional perspective. Does anyone with MOPAR lift and 35's have any regret? Would you have rather kept the stock suspension? Was the trade off in decreased fuel efficiency not worth it in the end? (subjective).

Where I'm coming from, Rubicons w/Mopar lift is right on the borderline of potentially too much fender gap in my opinion. I think on Non Rubicons it looks perfect, since they have the lower fender. I just can't make up my mind if I want to pull the trigger from fear of regret. I do want to stick with the MOPAR lift, as I don't consider myself to be a crazy rock crawler, and I like the idea of keeping my vehicle equipped with as much factory upgrades as possible.
35's will only lightly rub a couple spots on the fender liners, at factory height. The Mopar lift will give more than advertised height and requires additional parts to maximize drive ability. Since you'd have to stray from Mopar for those additional items anyway, allow me to suggest the Dynatrac Endurosport true 2" lift. It gives much closet than advertised height, but would also need the same additions. Lower front control arms to fine tune caster, and front and rear track bars to recenter the axles side to side.

Here's a stock JLUR with 35's, and the same tires with the Dynatrac lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR Mopar lift users, especially those with 35s. Any regret? 20190827_132710
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR Mopar lift users, especially those with 35s. Any regret? 20191222_153839

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Why not split the difference with a 1" or 1.5" spacer and some nice shocks?

In my opinion there's no reason to run more bump stop than is necessary to keep the tire from contacting the wheel well, and the shocks should be selected so that the collapsed length is slightly longer than the suspension resting on the bump stops. The Mopar lift has a 2" bump stop, with roughly 2" longer (collapsed) shocks, but the JLUR "fits" a 35" tire with no OEM bump stops.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi everyone,

You want Mopars lift. The added clearance you perceive with 35's will doughtfully be a comment of others. Except on a forum. I have a Mopar lift with 37's and wish I had a skoch more room.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I’ll offer my 2 cents worth since I have this setup...
Before I ordered my rig, I had every intention of modifying it. Personally, I like the look of Jeeps with “big fat tires and everything...”.
I had the 2” Mopar lift and 35’s installed by the dealer when it rolled off the carrier. The intent was not to void the warranty by installing something other than a OEM lift kit. IMO, I think that was a good call, should any issues arise during the term. As for tire size, I am happy with the 35’s for now, but will eventually upgrade to 37’s along with gears, axles, drive shafts & etc.. I can’t give an actual MPG comparison with the stock 33’s, but I don’t think there is much of decrease in fuel economy. My long term goal is to wheel (rock crawl & overland) every frick’in chance I get. As mentioned by some very cool and knowledgeable members in this forum, there are several things that are not included with the Mopar lift and effect performance. To mention a few: Longer/adjustable LCA’s for increased caster and improved drivability. Adjustable F/R Track Bars to center the axles with the frame. Also, correction pads are needed for leveling out the heavy lean on passenger side. Therefore, I do REGRET this lift and wish I would have purchased a better system that included these and other serviceable items.
I am in the process of replacing these components. But for the record, I really can’t complain the way my Jeep drives on and off road with the Mopar lift. I just prefer better components to fit my needs. Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored