Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
Hi Big Husky,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with us via PM.

Rob
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares I did so yesterday. Thank you.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Well Happy Monday all! I magically received an email, only days after blowing up Jeep's different social media platforms, I've been approved for my clutch recall reimbursement. I am happy to see this, bad sad to have been dragged through the process.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well Happy Monday all! I magically received an email, only days after blowing up Jeep's different social media platforms, I've been approved for my clutch recall reimbursement. I am happy to see this, bad sad to have been dragged through the process.
Thank you for this update. We apologize for the trouble but are glad your concerns are now resolved. Should any other concerns arise in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Rob
Jeep Cares

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Thank you for this update. We apologize for the trouble but are glad your concerns are now resolved. Should any other concerns arise in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Rob
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares,

I just received my reimbursement check, but for the wrong amount and I sent an email to my representative a few days ago. I'm messaging you, in case it takes her weeks to reply again. As I would like to speak with someone in a higher position finally.

I also replied to our PM on here yesterday morning.

I wish multi-thousand dollar claims could be higher priority...

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares,

I just received my reimbursement check, but for the wrong amount and I sent an email to my representative a few days ago. I'm messaging you, in case it takes her weeks to reply again. As I would like to speak with someone in a higher position finally.

I also replied to our PM on here yesterday morning.

I wish multi-thousand dollar claims could be higher priority...
Hi Big Husky,
We responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Jeep Cares

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Hi Big Husky,
We responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Yes @JeepCares. I see you "have documented your case accordingly."

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
@KJKWillys, Jeep/FCA FINALLY paid me for my clutch and labour. They shorted me $66.41. So I got $4,299.10 of the $4,365.51 I requested. Stating "tax cost under my FCA dealership repair was prorated because the Bolts and Clamp part is not covered under the recall reimbursement". Whatever, don't provide full customer appreciation with holding on to that little amount. I'll take it though.
It was the WORST experience ever with incompetence on their side. I had to go through multiple representatives via email and phone. And harass them on Facebook and here, I'm sorry for that @JeepCares. But it was the ONLY way to gain communication with the one representative on my case who'd go weeks without talking to me.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
@KJKWillys, Jeep/FCA FINALLY paid me for my clutch and labour. They shorted me $66.41. So I got $4,299.10 of the $4,365.51
Honestly, If I was only out 66.41 for an entire clutch job on a vehicle that I've owned 3+ years I'd be tap dancing. If Jeep bought a new clutch for everybody who burned one out in 3 years, they'd spend a ton on clutches. Their "documentation" is very important on their side to make sure that real claims are paid and bogus claims are denied.

Sponsored

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
@AlgUSF oh, I was very happy the day I received the check haha.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I've a 2019 JLU with a manual transmission. I've been having the exact same issue as the original poster. When I try to accelerate from around 2000rpms there's a "ratcheting" sound which I assume is my flywheel, and I have to take my foot off the gas.

I'm pretty sure I've already had the warranty check done as I had another issue with my clutch when my Jeep was new.

I saw one poster quoting $2300 or so for the fix.

I'm wondering if I should just look at replacing it with a Centerforce and a heftier fly wheel?

Bosque44

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6L JL two door manual Rubicon
Hi, I have a 2018 two door Manual JL with 44k miles. I lost propulsion in 4th gear going over a bridge in the Bay Area, down shifted to 3rd with minor increases in power with high RPM. I then noticed a lot of white smoke/heavy clutch burning smell. The clutch is no longer engaging I’m assuming the shift plate is shattered. Hoping there isn’t any transmission damage.

Update 5/11/22 - The dealership is telling me I’ll have to cover the cost of around 2,800-3,500k unless the clutch plate is broken. @JeepCares I’ve heard there may be a chance to have Stellantis to open an investigation before they begin work on my JL.

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
When you guys say slipping does that mean the rpms are raising but the Jeeps not moving as if the clutch is completely worn out? Most of the time my Jeep 2018 with a little over 32,000 miles feels really smooth but in 3rd gear driving through town it doesn't. The best way to describe it is it feels like I'm driving on bumpy road. The RPM's don't move but it does feel like a sloppy clutch engagement.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
When you guys say slipping does that mean the rpms are raising but the Jeeps not moving as if the clutch is completely worn out? Most of the time my Jeep 2018 with a little over 32,000 miles feels really smooth but in 3rd gear driving through town it doesn't. The best way to describe it is it feels like I'm driving on bumpy road. The RPM's don't move but it does feel like a sloppy clutch engagement.

When I try to accelerate too quickly with the engine running at around 2000rpms there's a ratcheting sound and the vehicle will not go faster. You have to slowly give it gas until the rpms get past 2500rpms then it'll operate normally.

I've ordered the Centerforce clutch and flywheel kit. They took my money, now I'm waiting to hear anything. I plan on calling about it today.
Sponsored