Sponsored

JLUR + Lift + 37 and parking garage

LostAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Good morning all,
I currently have a 2018 JLUR. I am wanting to put a lift on, and 37's. Currently I am tossing around the idea of either the Mopar lift, or Metalcloak 2.5. My parking garage at work is 6'6"...would I fit with either of these lifts with 37s? What about Metalcloak 3.5
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Probably not.

Measure the height of your jeep.
Add 3-5 inches for the lift
Add 2 inches for additional tire height

BostonJohn13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 05 Wrangler Unlimited
Do you have outdoor parking options? Just build it how you want and then see if it fits. If not you still have an awesome Jeep.

OP
OP

LostAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Do you have outdoor parking options? Just build it how you want and then see if it fits. If not you still have an awesome Jeep.
I do, unfortunatly it's half a mile from my office building. Originally I was planning on Mopar lift and 35s, but have seen a couple pictures that make this look "odd" (huge gap between tire and fenders). The odd thing is, I see a new Ford Raptor in our parking garage and it appears specs on websites state it is 78.5".

Sponsored

GraniteRubiGA

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning all,
I currently have a 2018 JLUR. I am wanting to put a lift on, and 37's. Currently I am tossing around the idea of either the Mopar lift, or Metalcloak 2.5. My parking garage at work is 6'6"...would I fit with either of these lifts with 37s? What about Metalcloak 3.5
Doubtful. I have 2.5” lift and 37” STT’s my parking garage is 7’ and it worry’s me every time I am in it. It isn’t just the height, but if you are on an incline or decline the center height will change and could hang you.

GraniteRubiGA

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase
I’d do
Thanks everyone...I am wondering if I should do Mopar lift and 35's to be safe.
35’s alone to be safe. From there you can gauge a lift better.

OP
OP

LostAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Of course I go out to the parking garage...and realize I have a full 8.5" between the top of my roof, and the steel beam above it in the garage.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Thank you! I just found a parking garage nearby that is 6'10"....but think I may have to play it safe with just the 35s.
If indoor parking garage access is going to be a continuing need (and it sounds like it is) understand that 6'10" is a VERY high clearance for an indoor garage. I live in downtown Chicago and have made a habit of checking garage clearance signs as I drive around, wondering the same as you that if I lifted a Jeep would it still clear places I need to park. The building I live in posts 6'5" and I've found that most places downtown have similar clearances give or take (and more often TAKE) a couple of inches. Admittedly there are way more indoor garages in downtown Chicago than I've personally checked out, and a number of them aren't open to the public, but the highest I've seen so far was 6'7". Good luck to you!

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Yeah I've been wondering what height you'll be at with 35's and the mopar 2.

+2" for the tires and + 3" for the lift (everyone says the mopar 2" is closer to 3"). looks like you'll be at 6'5"

Did you get it done? Do we have a definitive measurement? I'm going to get this exact lift and tires and need to know. LA has a bunch of shitty garages too.

OP
OP

LostAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yeah I've been wondering what height you'll be at with 35's and the mopar 2.

+2" for the tires and + 3" for the lift (everyone says the mopar 2" is closer to 3"). looks like you'll be at 6'5"

Did you get it done? Do we have a definitive measurement? I'm going to get this exact lift and tires and need to know. LA has a bunch of shitty garages too.
I have not got it done yet. What really makes me wonder about the current parking garage is...I see a new raptor parked in here with me. Looking online it states they are 78.5" tall. If a stock Rubicon is 72"....add 3" for lift....add 2" for bump from 33 - 37 tires...total is 77", a full 1.5" lower than Raptor.

I am wondering if perhaps the lower few levels have a higher clearance than higher levels.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Remember 33s to 35s is generally only 1 inch in ride height difference.1in on bottom of tire 1 on top-which doesn’t count to ride height.
Of course tire types can make a difference as some are true marked sizes and some aren’t.