JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION

Pierrem

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have a 2019 JLUR. I have been wanting to install a KC PRO6 LIGHT bar. The issue I am having is I cannot find a way to do so. Until I saw in the Quadratec site someone was able to do so and still use the stock KC light bar mount. I tried to contact the person on Quadratec and no luck. They said I should try and post it in the forum and see if the owner shows up lol!!!!

I have a ton of question for you!!!!!!!!! I love to do the same set up as yours

Thank you

Pierre

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 1612201719710

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 1612201741158
Sponsored

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the snorkel. I have this question as well...

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like they just trimmed the bracket to fit around the lower portion of the snorkel...

OP
OP
Pierrem

Pierrem

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Yeah it does look like they trimmed it but how ? That is the real question

we should all keep an eye out and let each other know if we see or hear anything

i think that bracket might not work. Cause the little hood light mount. Might get in the way

Sponsored

FloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Rubicon 392, ‘20 Gladiator
Has anyone else done this mod?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I been in talks with Weston Miller with Gobi about running their roof rack. They have an option where they run the Rugged Ridge with their rack and/or light bar that looks pretty cool. But the light bar will sit much higher the standard KC mount. Reference on their website for some close up pictures, hit previous for a more detail photo of the mount. I think the combo would be stunning.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION E6DC7D26-6682-4169-94B2-534A07BAC661
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 8AF23939-6BD2-4A22-88B5-2A2B56F9987E

Photo they sent to me with a customer installed KC Pro 6.

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I too have the same snorkel and I really want that light bar. I will definitely be following this.

Kristine Wang

First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I have the same questions, will follow this post and see what's the best solution.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Those are the exact same 2 I am looking at, but am leaning towards the Westin since it has the light bar lower (I have parking garage clearance issues - only a few inches to spare on my 3" lift and 35s). The Quadratec would be easier to not mount the A pillar bracket on the snorkel side, whereas the Westin probably would need to be cut off. I don't like the Quadratec lettering either.

Sponsored

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I did this mod! Soooo well I'm in the middle of it and the brackets have been cut and I'm awaiting my paint guy to paint them yellow. I will post photos of the cut bracket once I get them back. So I tried a different bracket 1st but u still had to cut it some and it wasn't as strong. These lights are heavy and they need a heavy duty mount.
So I returned the 1st mounts (plus these kc lights measure longer than 50" depending on the curve u want...straight I think they measure about 51") The 1st mount I got wasn't wide enough or strong enough. The kc mounts are the way to go but u have to modify the one side.
I made a stencil by putting painters tape where the bracket will work and marked the holes for the cowl. I then transfered the stencil to the mount and drew my lines. I used painters tape. I suggest use painters tape then duct tape on top of that. I had a hard time keeping the painters tape together. A few layers of duct tape over painters would have made it easier.
Then we cut the bottom area but cut less on purpose so we wouldn't cut too much off. The stencil was close and we then just cut a little more and a little more till we got it right. NOTE the high mount is beefier than the low snorkel mount.....soooo cut to the high mount so u can switch to either as u want.
We used a plasma cutter, and grinder for the project.
Also u have to make sure to keep the section by the windshield hinge. Cut as little of that off as possible so u have enough to keep the mount strong. Plus u need to attach the 3rd bolt to the windshield hinge.
So since I don't have the photos of the mounts yet, I have a yellow JL and feel since these need to be so big and strong, they r a little much black so my mounts r being painted yellow. My jeep is also called Clever Girl with a raptor type theme...so since I don't have picts of the mounts yet I am posting picture of the covers my daughter and I modified to make the bar match my jeep theme.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230422_132412

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230422_115758

20230420_173231.jpg

FB_IMG_1679268949657.jpg

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also my template went under the snorkel, around the back side then back to the front.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019 JLUR. I have been wanting to install a KC PRO6 LIGHT bar. The issue I am having is I cannot find a way to do so. Until I saw in the Quadratec site someone was able to do so and still use the stock KC light bar mount. I tried to contact the person on Quadratec and no luck. They said I should try and post it in the forum and see if the owner shows up lol!!!!

I have a ton of question for you!!!!!!!!! I love to do the same set up as yours

Thank you

Pierre

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION FB_IMG_1679268949657

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION FB_IMG_1679268949657
Just posted a reply of what I'm doing https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...dge-amfib-snorkel-question.65470/post-2332229

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't know if he would see it since I accidentally didn't hit the reply button on his post. But since there were others with the same ? I just replied at the end. Sorry if that was wrong
Lol, you linked back to the same thread.
Sponsored