Sponsored

JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I didn't know if he would see it since I accidentally didn't hit the reply button on his post. But since there were others with the same ? I just replied at the end. Sorry if that was wrong
All good man, I just thought it was funny. You can also just tag people by putting an @ symbol before user name. @Purple Turtle
Sponsored

HeavyMetalFox

First Name
Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
Done!!! I love it!!
So I'd suggest when running wires to the light bar run to passenger side. The snorkel part under the cowel makes it hard to get your wires through where u need them to go.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230426_200119

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230426_200119

What light bar mount did you use? Thanks! Oh, and does it create road noise?

Sponsored

Zero_Accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Looking at those pictures, it looks like she just trimmed the original KC light bar mount. It has more than enough metal to support itself.

As for road noise, ANY lightbar that mounts to the outside is going to make a ton of wind noise.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I trimmed the KC mount. I ordered a couple different mounts 1st that had an opening but they just didn't seem strong enough and they were wide enough to fit the bar, and I would have still had to trim them. I used painters tape to create a template and my husband cut it. I've cut things out before but these weren't cheep so I didn't want to mess them up. I do have it curved as its a little too tight to have it completely straight. Hope this helps!

On Road Noise - there will always be road noise with a light bar. This is my 3rd jeep and my 3rd jeep with some kind of light bar, always the round lights. If you are asking about the whistle you get with the LED bar - not round lights - then NO there is no whistle. The noise is not bad, but there is noise as it something added to the top of the vehicle. Compared to my 2 other jeeps with the round lights higher, I would say noise is less as it is partially controlled by how much lower it is. Hope this helps as well.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at those pictures, it looks like she just trimmed the original KC light bar mount. It has more than enough metal to support itself.

As for road noise, ANY lightbar that mounts to the outside is going to make a ton of wind noise.
Exactly what I did. I should post a picture of the cut area, I think I meant to do that. The wind noise is less than my other 2 jeeps had with the lights higher up. My profile picture is of my TJ with the bar higher up. There is def still noise, but no whistle and its not as bad, I think because it is lower. Its still there. And with the snorkel the bar has to be somewhat curved to get all 8 lights. IDK if this helps or hurts the noise.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230426_200331
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230426_183608
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230426_164134
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR KC PRO6 LIGHT BAR & RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL QUESTION 20230426_183610

For those wanting to know what we did. The KC mount seems to still be very strong and we tried to leave as much as we could to make sure there wasn't any integrity issues. Its not perfect as 1st attempt as we had to make fit for both the low and high snorkel. Bar does have to be curved, which I like better to fit with snorkel.

HeavyMetalFox

First Name
Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
I trimmed the KC mount. I ordered a couple different mounts 1st that had an opening but they just didn't seem strong enough and they were wide enough to fit the bar, and I would have still had to trim them. I used painters tape to create a template and my husband cut it. I've cut things out before but these weren't cheep so I didn't want to mess them up. I do have it curved as its a little too tight to have it completely straight. Hope this helps!

On Road Noise - there will always be road noise with a light bar. This is my 3rd jeep and my 3rd jeep with some kind of light bar, always the round lights. If you are asking about the whistle you get with the LED bar - not round lights - then NO there is no whistle. The noise is not bad, but there is noise as it something added to the top of the vehicle. Compared to my 2 other jeeps with the round lights higher, I would say noise is less as it is partially controlled by how much lower it is. Hope this helps as well.
Awesome. Thank you. Iā€™m thinking of the KC hi lights pro 6 that are rounded lights but they sit lower on the windshield. I think they call them brow night. Iā€™m hoping that will prevent the whistle.

Sponsored

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. Thank you. Iā€™m thinking of the KC hi lights pro 6 that are rounded lights but they sit lower on the windshield. I think they call them brow night. Iā€™m hoping that will prevent the whistle.
The KC pro 6 gravity that I have do not have any whistle and I believe are the lowest light bar you can get from KC that are round lights. You will get wind noise no matter what if you put lights on your jeep. The whistle comes from the LED long bars as its the way the wind hits those, I believe there is a trick to avoid the whistle but I never looked into it since I prefer the round lights. The wind noise is unavoidable but is helped by my lights being much lower on the windshield than as on my TJ, but it is still there. With the top off you will notice it more, but I am a Jeep girl through and through and I didn't buy a jeep for a quiet ride. I am happy I do not have the whistle. The only lights available without added noise is the link below and that is inside the windshield. I looked into these but didn't want glare, prefer the look of the round lights and also didn't want to try and clean up in between the light and the windshield, but really the only options without noise.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/mpow...FtBvqXBVRJnBBzFMICIaAnlzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

HeavyMetalFox

First Name
Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
The KC pro 6 gravity that I have do not have any whistle and I believe are the lowest light bar you can get from KC that are round lights. You will get wind noise no matter what if you put lights on your jeep. The whistle comes from the LED long bars as its the way the wind hits those, I believe there is a trick to avoid the whistle but I never looked into it since I prefer the round lights. The wind noise is unavoidable but is helped by my lights being much lower on the windshield than as on my TJ, but it is still there. With the top off you will notice it more, but I am a Jeep girl through and through and I didn't buy a jeep for a quiet ride. I am happy I do not have the whistle. The only lights available without added noise is the link below and that is inside the windshield. I looked into these but didn't want glare, prefer the look of the round lights and also didn't want to try and clean up in between the light and the windshield, but really the only options without noise.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/mpow...FtBvqXBVRJnBBzFMICIaAnlzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
All my same thoughts exactly! I can handle some noise. I listen to loud music anyway šŸ˜œ. But a whistle would drive me crazy. Thanks for all your help!
Sponsored