Sponsored

JLUR Front camera installed with after market bumper

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just providing a data point to the folks curious how the after market bumper interfere with front camera. The bumper I have is ARB bondi. Honestly, I don’t like the view being blocked. Thinking of a way to relocate the cam.

I installed the camera with diy parts, total bill of materials:

camera from Amazon,$39
RCA to metri-pack terminal pin cable: $1
Jscan $20
Vlinker MC+ $35

D0DE5D36-B498-4852-A503-D42F34FB4128.jpeg
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Good info, thanks for sharing. I would like a front camera but don't want to get a tazer to activate that feature. Looks like an in grill mount is no bueno.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Just providing a data point to the folks curious how the after market bumper interfere with front camera. The bumper I have is ARB bondi. Honestly, I don’t like the view being blocked. Thinking of a way to relocate the cam.

I installed the camera with diy parts, total bill of materials:

camera from Amazon,$39
RCA to metri-pack terminal pin cable: $1
Jscan $20
Vlinker MC+ $35

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR Front camera installed with after market bumper D0DE5D36-B498-4852-A503-D42F34FB4128
Can you be more specific on the particular camera and other part numbers from Amazon? Thanks! I'm not going in the grill either so if you have pics of your relocated camera too, that'd be much appreciated.

OP
OP

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Can you be more specific on the particular camera and other part numbers from Amazon? Thanks! I'm not going in the grill either so if you have pics of your relocated camera too, that'd be much appreciated.
I bought this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H852D49

It is much more expensive than others and I think there's a good reason: It has 3 wires for you to adjust the video: left-right mirroring; up-down mirroring; guidelines

Most cameras don't have up-down mirror, so they only support mounting underneath a surface.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I bought this:

It is much more expensive than others and I think there's a good reason: It has 3 wires for you to adjust the video: left-right mirroring; up-down mirroring; guidelines

Most cameras don't have up-down mirror, so they only support mounting underneath a surface.
Thank-you!

Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I bought this:

Where did you buy the “RCA to metri-pack terminal pin cable”?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Would also be interested to know where you tied in the power for the camera. Looks like the power and ground leads are more towards the rca side (i.e. head unit side).

Did you just tap a hot power line like the cig lighter?

OP
OP

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Where did you buy the “RCA to metri-pack terminal pin cable”?
I bought from zautomotive, which is a rip off. $25. The $1 one I originally bought from AliExpress, but the size is a bit off and doesn’t stay in the plug

i have an extra one. Can sell you for 5$+ shipping if you like. Or pick up if you are happen to be in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Would also be interested to know where you tied in the power for the camera. Looks like the power and ground leads are more towards the rca side (i.e. head unit side).

Did you just tap a hot power line like the cig lighter?
No. The camera was powered from outside. I tapped from the fuse box. F57( or 58, don’t remember), which are ignition power
Sponsored