Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Heavy Truck Sales
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JLUR

Admittedly, I did not look through each thread but did not see similar issues in the thread titles...so please excuse me if I am being redundant.
So far, the only issues I’m having are that the Daytine Running lights will not come on...under any circumstances. The light that should be the DRL works, and comes on with the headlights when darkness falls, so that’s not the issue. I keep thinking it’s something in the shifter not giving the command for them to illuminate. Dealer replaced the Body Control Module...no help. They have no idea how to fix it and have basically given up trying. So I guess that option is out the window for me.
Secondly, the rear defroster and heated mirrors don’t work. Literally, the light on the button itself won’t even light up. Just dead as a hammer. They claim they ordered a control head unit but that was a month ago.
Dealer says to me...you’re lucky. Now, I do consider myself fortunate that my issues aren’t keeping me from driving it, but a $47k rig should work. Ha!

Anyone with similar issues?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
2018 JLUR

Admittedly, I did not look through each thread but did not see similar issues in the thread titles...so please excuse me if I am being redundant.
So far, the only issues I’m having are that the Daytine Running lights will not come on...under any circumstances. The light that should be the DRL works, and comes on with the headlights when darkness falls, so that’s not the issue. I keep thinking it’s something in the shifter not giving the command for them to illuminate. Dealer replaced the Body Control Module...no help. They have no idea how to fix it and have basically given up trying. So I guess that option is out the window for me.
Secondly, the rear defroster and heated mirrors don’t work. Literally, the light on the button itself won’t even light up. Just dead as a hammer. They claim they ordered a control head unit but that was a month ago.
Dealer says to me...you’re lucky. NowX I do consider myself fortunate that my issues aren’t keeping me from drive by it, but a $47k rig should work. Ha!

Anyone with similar issues?
Do you have LED package? With LEDs, headlight halo and fenders serve as daytime running lights. If no LED, then just the fenders?

There appears to be a UConnect setting for daytime running lights yes/no. Check there.

According to owner's manual:

Daytime Running Lights — If Equipped

The headlights come on at a low intensity level when shifted into any position other than PARK (auto transmission) or when the vehicle begins to move (manual transmission).
NOTE: The Daytime Running Light, on the same side of the vehicle as the active turn signal, will turn off automatically when a turn signal is in operation and turn on again when the turn signal is not operating.

OP
OP
claytonM80

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Heavy Truck Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I only have halogen lights, so, yes, should be fenders only. I’ve toggled the on/off switch 100 times. Dealer went so far as to replace the BCM to no avail.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Unfortunately I only have halogen lights, so, yes, should be fenders only. I’ve toggled the on/off switch 100 times. Dealer went so far as to replace the BCM to no avail.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will figure it out.

I assume you've tried every combination possible. Putting the transmission in Drive with the handbrake off while moving and having someone outside check to see if they are on? Also testing the off and auto position of the light switch.

If you are having other electric issues, then maybe they are linked.

Our Toyota '17 Rav4 has DRLs but they only work if the switch is set to Auto. If the light switch is off, the DRLs are also off. I though that was weird. I haven't tested that in my Accord. Edit: My Accord uses the high beam bulb at lower voltage for DRL. They are always on when the normal headlights are off. So Accord has DRL with light switch set to off, parking or auto (during the day).

I just realized recently the Sport and Sport S don't even include DRLs. How sad is that? What's funny is that I'm not sure anyone would ever notice unless they drove by a store front window where they could see their reflection to realize there are no DRLs while driving in daylight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
claytonM80

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Heavy Truck Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will figure it out.

I assume you've tried every combination possible. Putting the transmission in Drive with the handbrake off while moving and having someone outside check to see if they are on? Also testing the off and auto position of the light switch.

If you are having other electric issues, then maybe they are linked.

Our Toyota '17 Rav4 has DRLs but they only work if the switch is set to Auto. If the light switch is off, the DRLs are also off. I though that was weird. I haven't tested that in my Accord.

I just realized recently the Sport and Sport S don't even include DRLs. How sad is that? What's funny is that I'm not sure anyone would ever notice unless they drove by a store front window where they could see their reflection to realize there are no DRLs while driving in daylight.
Yes, I’m obsessive about crap like this...ha! I’ve tried everything you can imagine. What’s funny about the reflection thing is that that’s how I noticed it. I park in front of a big plate glass window everyday at work. Truthfully I don’t need them, I’ve owned 6/7 Jeeps and none have had them before now. It’s the point of the matter for me. Random electric crap not working doesn’t set well with me. And yea, that’s stupI’d that the Sport and Sport S dont have them even as an option. For Pete’s sake, $15k new cars these day they’re standard; along with LED lights.
But, alas, I still Love it and we somehow continue to put up with it.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
There is a DRL setting in the UConnect settings screen it's with all the other options like interior lighting after doors closed etc, I believe those settings can be tweaked or turned off or on..... Check that out.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yes, I’m obsessive about crap like this...ha! I’ve tried everything you can imagine. What’s funny about the reflection thing is that that’s how I noticed it. I park in front of a big plate glass window everyday at work. Truthfully I don’t need them, I’ve owned 6/7 Jeeps and none have had them before now. It’s the point of the matter for me. Random electric crap not working doesn’t set well with me. And yea, that’s stupI’d that the Sport and Sport S dont have them even as an option. For Pete’s sake, $15k new cars these day they’re standard; along with LED lights.
But, alas, I still Love it and we somehow continue to put up with it.
I almost wonder if maybe DRL is only included in the LED package? I've seen pictures and video of the halo rings and fender lights on but can't say I've seen the fender only DRLs. Someone would have to verify if they are standard with the standard Halogens. The Jeep website does state daytime running lamp system as standard for Rubi.

Maybe have the dealer check other halogen Rubicons on the lot to verify they work.

OP
OP
claytonM80

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Heavy Truck Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I almost wonder if maybe DRL is only included in the LED package? I've seen pictures and video of the halo rings and fender lights on but can't say I've seen the fender only DRLs. Someone would have to verify if they are standard with the standard Halogens. The Jeep website does state daytime running lamp system as standard for Rubi.

Maybe have the dealer check other halogen Rubicons on the lot to verify they work.
Last I checked, they only had LED equipped Rubis, but yea, even the window sticker mentions it, so surely it’s not only LED units. I’ll bump them again to see if they’ve had any halogen lamp Rubis show up. Good call.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
When I look at stickers I have not seen any mention DLR unless it was LED Equipped and it mentions DLR as part of the LED light package.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Last I checked, they only had LED equipped Rubis, but yea, even the window sticker mentions it, so surely it’s not only LED units. I’ll bump them again to see if they’ve had any halogen lamp Rubis show up. Good call.
Sahara should also have DRLs according to jeep.com.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
When I look at stickers I have not seen any mention DLR unless it was LED Equipped and it mentions DLR as part of the LED light package.
You are right. I found a rubi without led and no mention of drl on the window sticker. I only see it on the sticker with led package.

Could it be drls are only included with led package which is only avail on Rubi and Sahara? The Jeep website shows drl as standard equipment for rubi and sahara but that could be a mistake.

gentryTX

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I bought my JLUR off the lot and it does not have the LED lighting package...just the regular halogen lights. DRL do work. I keep the selector in auto so they come on whenever the vehicle is put in gear.

I am curious about the rear defrost issue. I only tried it a few times since we are already transitioning to warm weather in central Texas, but the rear defrost did not come on.

OP
OP
claytonM80

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Heavy Truck Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my JLUR off the lot and it does not have the LED lighting package...just the regular halogen lights. DRL do work. I keep the selector in auto so they come on whenever the vehicle is put in gear.

I am curious about the rear defrost issue. I only tried it a few times since we are already transitioning to warm weather in central Texas, but the rear defrost did not come on.
Yea, mine just don’t work... Same here on the defrost, I didn’t need it for ice, but turned them on a couple of times to dry up condensation. Literally, the light on the button itself won’t even illuminate. It’s as if it’s not connected somehow.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I just checked my rear window defroster, not working not lighting up at all. I thought maybe outside temp could be the factor. It was currently 34° when I tried it. The light did not come on. I will keep researching before I take it to dealer. I want to know the answer before I go there, so my JLUR isn't a guinny pig and they are tearing shit up that they don't have to. I looked quickly in the hard manual (while at a stop light) rear window defrost) is not in there... They talk about the front defroster, and it says "if the front defroster is inoperable contact dealer" that sounds odd.... But anyway, I'll keep digging around for info about the rear defroster......probably an eazy fix, no panic yet. Of course it's going to snow here tonight

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Follow up, I tried to activate it via touch screen, it didn't work there either. Makes sense.
Sponsored