Sponsored

JLUR drifting...as in sliding around corners.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
OK...for starters....I am not trying to drift, nor do I want my JEEP to drift...but with the rains here in SoCal...something odd is happening only on right hand turns.

For starts my JLUR has the MOPAR 2" lift, 35"s K2 on Mopar beed lock rims, and we just put front and rear track bars on and the alignment is as perfect as I can ask for and hit the 20K mile mark.

Now with that said...I am wondering if anyone has had any experience dry or wet with the left rear tire breaking loose and starting the rear end to drift when making right turns. I am not talking crazy drift but a foot or two for sure. Now...it might be me the driver and it might be my JEEP. I am inclined to think it's me. I tend to have a heavier foot than I would like. Any how, in right hand corners I can feel the back left shock compress down when getting into a turn at speeds between 15 and 25 mph. Not alot of compression mind you but enough to say...that doesnt feel right. It seems a bit soft. The same turn going left...the right rear doesn't seem to compress. I wonder if I have a bad shock.

In any case....the rain this week in SoCal has had me on some slippery streets and I have had the back end break loose a few times and just wondering but only on right turns. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue or is the issue like i might be.
Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
If it only slides out on right turns that tells me you are only driving like a a$$hole 50% of the time. You need to up your game and start diving like a a$$hole 100% of the time!!!!

OP
OP
xeon

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Well... I always enjoy a good laugh A$$DustMuncher. But like I said, it could be me. But considering a 15MPH turn is hardly being hard on the pedal or being an a$$, just asking other people if they are finding the rear to get loose easier when going right than left. I went out and tried it in the dirt and mud too... same result. So wondering what might be the cause. But thanks for the laugh A$$DustMuncher.

FPrice

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
Tire pressure too high? I’m on 35” Toyo MT’s at 32 psi and not drifting unless I push on the skinny pedal. I’m in San Diego

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Well... I always enjoy a good laugh A$$DustMuncher. But like I said, it could be me. But considering a 15MPH turn is hardly being hard on the pedal or being an a$$, just asking other people if they are finding the rear to get loose easier when going right than left. I went out and tried it in the dirt and mud too... same result. So wondering what might be the cause. But thanks for the laugh A$$DustMuncher.
On a serious note when my jeep was stock I slid mine a few time on wet roads but typically it was because I was trying to. Now with my lift and 37's I'm not spinning/sliding much of anything. The only thing I can think of that would make it easier to slide making rights is because the rear track bar will put loads on the rear axle differently depending on which way you turn. With a lift the track bar is at more of angle than stock making the effects worse. I have no idea if that is in fact what's happening but it's the only thing I can think of.

OP
OP
xeon

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I keep my k2s about 32 psi. However I did just install a MetalCloak rear adjustable track bar, did the front too but come to think of it, this issue only happened after installing both adjustable track bars. Not sure if its the issue or not but its definitely something to consider, thank you.
Sponsored