JLUR Diesel

ArielPR

First Name
Zed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Was just about to pull the trigger on a JLUR diesel and the new sheets does not have the engine option. Anyone has an idea if coming back.
Sponsored

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 LR Disco I (for now)
Was just about to pull the trigger on a JLUR diesel and the new sheets does not have the engine option. Anyone has an idea if coming back.
I think there are several of us waiting for the answer to that same question.

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Hang in there, my friends. The new Diesel engine is worth waiting for.

The Diesel in the Wrangler has impressed me. You can spot the traditional noise as soon as it starts, which quiets somewhat as the engine warms.

The engine and transmission are well-paired with spot on ratios. I thought I would miss having a compression brake like my Diesel trucks do, but the trans downshifts well enough that you'll think it's psychic. Still need to downshift? Simply move the trans lever to the left and move down through the gears manually. And, if you try to force a downshift that'll raise the revs too high - the trans is smart enough to deny the move.

The power output surprised my wife the first time she floored it during a turn and chirped the tires. She also has a habit of not letting our Diesel vehicles do their "warm up to start" process. But,, if she blows that process off, the engine is smart enough to delay her start attempt just enough to let the programmed warm up still work.

Seriously, buying this Jeep was a PITA, but the ownership of it is superb. I've owned 20 Jeeps during the past 40 years, and this one has quickly become my favorite.

Hunter
Sponsored