Sponsored

JlUR Clutch Creaking

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Oh wow you have the centerforce and it is still doing it? I don't like that haha. Have you replaced the slave cylinder? Does the centerforce kit replace the throw out bearing? I'll go take a look at my fluid.

It does it only once warmed up and only when the clutch is depressed. I am not super familiar with exactly how it all works but something must be loosing it's grease? That is why I am thinking slave or the throw out bearing.

Edit: Yeah my fluid is the same color as yours and my master cylinder was replaced about 1.5k miles ago or so. Makes me wonder what it looks like brand new.
Yep unfortunately still does it with the centerforce. It may even be more pronounced with the centerforce because the pedal is a bit stiffer. The kit does provide a fresh TOB.

I’ve been through about 4 master cylinders and 3 clutch release cylinders. Only thing that temporarily solved the issue was pedal replacement with a thorough bleed.

Same here. First shifts of the day are fine, once everything is warm it’s a different story. It could be grease heating up or I’m thinking it could be air pockets that get moved up into the master cylinder as you drive. I thought it was an issue with the clutch fork linkage for a long time but no one touched it during the pedal replacement.

Res was nice and clear after they replaced a pedal. Now it’s back to amber. I think I found a part that would allow a braided stainless line to interface with the JL cylinders. Thinking of giving that a try and seeing if it makes any difference.
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yep unfortunately still does it with the centerforce. It may even be more pronounced with the centerforce because the pedal is a bit stiffer. The kit does provide a fresh TOB.

I’ve been through about 4 master cylinders and 3 clutch release cylinders. Only thing that temporarily solved the issue was pedal replacement with a thorough bleed.

Same here. First shifts of the day are fine, once everything is warm it’s a different story. It could be grease heating up or I’m thinking it could be air pockets that get moved up into the master cylinder as you drive. I thought it was an issue with the clutch fork linkage for a long time but no one touched it during the pedal replacement.

Res was nice and clear after they replaced a pedal. Now it’s back to amber. I think I found a part that would allow a braided stainless line to interface with the JL cylinders. Thinking of giving that a try and seeing if it makes any difference.
Well if you go that route let me know how it goes. So you never messed with the clutch fork linkage?

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well if you go that route let me know how it goes. So you never messed with the clutch fork linkage?
Will do. It was removed and set back up during the center force install, but never messed with while trying to troubleshoot/fix the bad pedal feel last summer. Doesn't seem to correlate with the appearance/disappearance/appearance of the issue in my case.
Sponsored