intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Good luck.

I just removed the spring in mine the other day. I like it better without the spring in. Its a nice change.
You took the spring out of the slave cylinder? The one underneath the rubber boot?
Under this boot

28FC8704-4B81-4379-B99E-3A2186A4291E.jpeg
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
You took the spring out of the slave cylinder? The one underneath the rubber boot?
No, I was referring to the one in the pedal that people have posted in earlier posts. If you push the pedal all the way in, you are able to remove it by hand.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
When removing this spring does it make the clutch pedal feel a little firmer?

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Good luck.

I just removed the spring in mine the other day. I like it better without the spring in. Its a nice change.
Once the spring is removed does it give a firmer pedal feel? I dont have a squeek but wld love a firmer pedal feel.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Once the spring is removed does it give a firmer pedal feel? I dont have a squeek but wld love a firmer pedal feel.
No it removed that last bit of resistance you feel towards the end of the travel if that makes sense. Its more of a linear feel vs the stock feel where itll have a more firm feel towards the end.
It can be put back if you want to give it a try. I like it and have had it off for a few days. If anything there’s less resistance though. But it’s more constant.

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am going to throw the towel in and just have it lemoned don’t have the energy to start this back and forth with the dealerships again especially since the issue one again is intermittent.
Lemoned for a squeaky clutch, that's fucking gold dude. Your dealership and corporate are going to have a good laugh over that one.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I removed the "spring" and the clicking noise is still present. Going to pull front seat out this weekend so I can get a better view of the problem area.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Unbolted the driver seat and slid it back against the back seat. Gained room to see up into the clutch and brake pedal assy. Here's what I found on my JL, when I cycle the clutch pedal down/up there is no noise. Started to apply the brake pedal, still no noise. Hmmm, so I started the JL and when I applied the brake it traveled further, applied brakes a couple of times and when I pushed the clutch down and upon release the "click" was heard. Did this a couple of times with the engine running, applying brakes a couple of times, then the clutch and as soon as the clutch is coming up the noise reappears. BTW, did the above steps with and without the assist spring.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Update on the spring removal. I have noticed that this effects the ESS. It seems having the spring in helps the pedal to be fully extended when not pressed (not on the clutch pedal). When at a light, I have to use my foot to pull up on the pedal to get the jeep to shut off and for the ESS to engage.

So I guess if you don’t use or like the ESS this might be a good alternative. It’ll still work even now and then but most of the time I’ll have to pull up on it with my foot.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
The clutch/pressure plate recall entails changing some parts in the slave cylinder. Which I hope cures my creaking noise. Further, they may replace the entire clutch/pressure plate/ pivot ball assembly after inspection.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
So, my JL Rubicon (with 2,000 miles) has started to occasionally make a similar sound as the video from the OP in this similar thread. About 500 miles or so ago, it made a slight creaking sound, so I took it to my dealership. They said they lubed something and it seemed to quell the sound for a while, but now it's back, it's worse, and it's more frequent.

About one-third up from the floor, I'm also getting an occasional clicking sound. Sometimes it's just one click, but it can be multiple clicks on every rise of the pedal (if you turn up your volume, you can hear it in my video below, and it's separate from the squeaking/creaking). The noise seems to be emanating from behind the firewall, as you can hear it from outside/under the Jeep as well (see first clip in the video). This clicking noise also comes with a slight sticking feeling. Not to the point where the pedal doesn't come up on its own; it's a very subtle feeling, almost like there's a slight resistance.

Here's the real mystery, though: When I drive the Jeep "cold," or after it's been sitting for a while, the clutch pedal is as smooth as butter and it makes no noise. But after driving it for a while, typically for a half hour or longer, it starts to creak ... and it seems to get worse the longer I drive.

I plan to make an appointment with my dealer soon, but I'm trying to better learn its behavior (i.e., when it makes the noise and under what conditions) so that I have more info for the dealer.

In this video there are three different clips from three different days:

Yep exact same outside noise as mine. Heres my video

OP
OP

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Any fix for this? Experiencing the same issue as the videos above!
After I bitched and complained for almost a year I got Jeep to do a courtesy repair they replaced the clutch except for the flywheel and the slave cylinder. I paid to have the slave cylinder replaced it was like 80 bucks. After the replacement all noises are gone but the clutch itself still sucks after about 5K the other issues where the clutch is difficult to dis engage the engine from the transmission the pedal is hard to press down does not feel fluid has all kinds of artifacts I have just learned to live with it. I did contact a lemon lawyer who said I have a case but they want lol the paper work I did not keep the delaship said they would send it to me multiple times which they did not so I have been just dealing with it. I love a manual transmission but when this lease is up if I get another Jeep it will be automatic way to much bull to deal with for a 50K Jeep.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Mine is doing this too. 2018 JLUR with 40k miles. Dealer “fixed” the creaking once by greasing and now it’s back. Guess another trip for service. I need the clutch recall done anyway so hopefully that fixes it for good

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Mine is doing this too. 2018 JLUR with 40k miles. Dealer “fixed” the creaking once by greasing and now it’s back. Guess another trip for service. I need the clutch recall done anyway so hopefully that fixes it for good
Update - I dropped my JLUR off at the dealer for steering and clutch recalls, diff and transfer case service... and creaking clutch.

They had the Jeep for 3 days. Got a call today I could pick it up. Asked about the clutch and was told “yes service tech heard it but it didn't happen every time pedal was depressed. Said Mechanically fine. I was offered two options -pay for a new clutch or turn the radio up!

Sure - buyers of a $100k wagoneer will love Jeep service! :giggle:
Sponsored