JLUR Body Bolt Install - Ace Sliders

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
This past weekend I installed 1/2 set of Ace rock sliders on my Rubicon. I say 1/2 set as the middle and rear bolt on the passenger side will not install...it just spins. The front bolt went in fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you make it work? Any other suggestions from anyone?

Just not right to have everyone jumping in the Jeep from the drivers side!!

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Beetle Bailey

Yup, have experienced this multiple times when installing Ace Slider's on Wranglers.

When removing the body bolts you very often, need downward pressure on the bolt and when you are re-installing a body bolt you often need firm upward pressure on the body bolt as you are screwing it in or it will spin, spin, spin and not catch hold so to speak.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Might not be your issue, but there is a thin serrated washer that you must get past in order to engage the body nut. I used my power drill with a socket and pushed the bolt in while spinning it until it engaged. I figured this out on my third bolt and the remaining bolts went right in.

Take a flashlight and look up into the hole. You should be able to see the sheet metal washer I’m taking about.

I realize this is contrary to what many have reported when doing this install. People are concerned about cross threading the nut, but the body bolts are tapered, and I would think this is to facilitate a human with a power tool (or maybe a robot) to quickly install the bolts on the factory line.

This worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jondrew

You went into a tad more detail but we are spewing the same.... 8-)

....if you push up really firmly, against that " thin serrated washer" as you call it, as you turn clockwise, the body bolt will engage and the free spinning will no longer be an issue. Yes, you can use power tools as it may make the process easier, but the task can be accomplished without power tools.

OP
OP
Beetle Bailey

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jondrew

You went into a tad more detail but we are spewing the same.... 8-)

....if you push up really firmly, against that " thin serrated washer" as you call it, as you turn clockwise, the body bolt will engage and the free spinning will no longer be an issue. Yes, you can use power tools as it may make the process easier, but the task can be accomplished without power tools.
Thanks For the comments...I will try it this weekend

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Let us know how you make out. I love the Ace sliders
My nut got lost inside there, I needed a hook drag to it back into place so I could see and center then upward force to start it with electric drill/impact.

Replied to wrong post.

OP
OP
Beetle Bailey

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates??
Installed the sliders this weekend and all went well. Two bolts were hard to get out (pull down while turning) and the same two bolts were difficult to get them to grab while installing them (Push up hard while turning)...Worked out great.

IMG_2491.JPG
Sponsored