JLUR Billet Build 37s

colorado25

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trail
I think I'm dreaming about designing my perfect garage barn more than I am designing my dream house lol.

I want a 10 foot door with a hoist large and strong enough to lift the hard top off with a rack and rooftop tent attached to it.
Haha I get that. I like your style, a 10' door with a hoist would be awesome. I got spoiled by living close to my parents place a few years ago. My dad has a 50' x 60' morton building with two car lifts so working on stuff was a dream. Now we live in a different state and while my garage is great at storing vehicles, it's no where a shop.
Sponsored

jforse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
Thanks! Looks like I'm quite a bit further north than you but still Ohio :)

Got my lift installed. Went with a 2" mopar lift. I know it takes some time to settle but its definitely higher than 2" for now anyway. Looks funny with those "little tires"

upload_2018-11-12_14-53-25.png

Rims also came in. I went with AEV Borah 17" wheels. I really liked the look of the stock rims and wanted something similar but wider to run bigger tires.
I was disappointed to find out that the "hardware" when not running the bead locks was just plastic screw plugs. I will be finding something better in the future. I expected more for the price and from AEV.
upload_2018-11-12_14-55-17.png

Picked up my Jeep at Discount Tire in Macedonia. Nik helped me out greatly. We had to do some tweaking to get the spare on and get all of the old wheels home but we did it!

upload_2018-11-12_14-57-47.png

The plastic plugs (screws) are actually a great idea. No hardware to torque down or corrode in the wheel, and to be fair to AEV they do state it comes with nylon screws if you dont buy the bead lock ring or the bolt on protection ring. The Jl Borahs are supposed to be out in a couple months.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
The plastic plugs (screws) are actually a great idea. No hardware to torque down or corrode in the wheel, and to be fair to AEV they do state it comes with nylon screws if you dont buy the bead lock ring or the bolt on protection ring. The Jl Borahs are supposed to be out in a couple months.
I can torque them down and use a plethora of products to help against corrosion. Instead these plastic screw heads will easily sheer off and lose any sort of grip to get them out when scraped against anything harder than plastic.

I do understand the benefit, just not my preference. Going to be ordering either the protection rings or bead locks soon so kind of a moot point for me in the end.

love the rims though overall, and the JK backspacing makes them look super aggressive :like:
I think they are changing that up on the JL version.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Made the name official.

So say we all!

attachment.jpg

swapped out the stock lugs for spline drive ones from quadratech. Something I should have done when I got the new wheels.
attachment.jpg

I also tried adding a third brake light but I wasn't able to trouble shoot it yet to get it to work, something is wrong with the connection.

Then I changed back to my first shirty antenna, I was not a fan of how the black rubber one was holding up.
Another cosmetic mod but I added small red jeep stickers to the rims, something that I really liked about the stock rims. I went with the Borahs because they reminded me of the stick look.
attachment.jpg

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got some decent off roading in. Went to Southington Offroad park over the weekend and snapped a few pics. Got into some deep mud but the Jeep powered through it without any struggle. Had a blast.

the rear tires rubbed a bit on the wheel well. Gotta look into that. Once I get the winch on maybe the extra weight up front will level it out some.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Finally got some decent off roading in. Went to Southington Offroad park over the weekend and snapped a few pics. Got into some deep mud but the Jeep powered through it without any struggle. Had a blast.

the rear tires rubbed a bit on the wheel well. Gotta look into that. Once I get the winch on maybe the extra weight up front will level it out some.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Cool thread...are you gonna regear?

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool thread...are you gonna regear?
Thanks! I haven't yet, but I'm still considering it. I haven't found a need off road, but I wonder if I did if I would get more use out of 8th gear and get better MPG on the expressway. Now I'm somewhere between 14 and 16 depending on the weather and driving habits.

I've kinda let this build thread die, there didn't seem to be much activity over here anymore so I kept up with one on wranglerforum

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f1225/galactica-a-jlur-build-2353719.html
Sponsored