JLUR Billet Build 37s

Jaddie

First Name
Jaddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Odyssey
Gorgeous Rubicon, but I'm surprised to learn you had to do some cutting to fit the Mopar spare tire reinforcement. Everyone who opts for 37" tires will have to use this part or a third-party part like it, right?

I'm new to Jeeps and don't even have one yet, so all of this is new to me.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
Gorgeous Rubicon, but I'm surprised to learn you had to do some cutting to fit the Mopar spare tire reinforcement. Everyone who opts for 37" tires will have to use this part or a third-party part like it, right?

I'm new to Jeeps and don't even have one yet, so all of this is new to me.
Thanks and welcome to the obsession :)

I was surprised at the cutting, especially being that its a full mopar set up. But it was very little and it was easy. I used a dremel but I think it could have been done with shears or even a straight blade. It was just a slight trim on a plastic piece that allows the new parts to sit flush. You can even see the parts that were trimmed.

As far as everyone needing the part for 37s, you are correct. For a 37 you will need to offset the spare tire mount up and the tail gate will need some sort of reinforcement, whether its separate or built into a 3rd party tire carrier.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Added some lights recently. I really liked the Go Rhino Cowl mounts but they were on back order for awhile. They finally came in so I could mount the Rigid radiance lights I had picked up a few weeks back.

Everything wiring wise was fairly simple and straight forward. I had ordered 2 rigid wiring harnesses. If you go with the way I installed them, you would only "need' one. You really don't need any pre set up harness if you have the auxiliary switch option on your Jeep, you would just need the wiring, connectors, a sleeve to wrap around it all, and some zip ties. I used one of the harnesses I purchased because it was what I had on hand but I ended up cutting out half of it.

Basically just wire all of the white wires (the switch wire for the red color) together and run it to one 15 amp aux wire under the hood, and do the same for the red wire and hook it up to the other 15 amp wire lead. Then ground the black wire. I sent my red wires to the Aux 3 lead and the white wires to the aux 4 lead. So if the 3 switch is on, I get the bright white, if the aux 4 switch is on, I get the red accent light, and if they are both on I get both lights.

upload_2018-11-16_10-44-56.png

I decided to use the go rhino mounting hardware instead of the brackets that came with the rigid lights. The rigid mounting solution looked more functional and easier to adjust on the fly, but I was with form over function for these. I used some spare washers and hardware to make it work though it wasn't easy. Rigid clearly wants you to use their internal mounting solution.

upload_2018-11-16_10-47-12.png

Speaking of spare washers, I need to get a smaller one to clean up this side.

upload_2018-11-16_10-48-15.png

upload_2018-11-16_10-48-48.png

upload_2018-11-16_10-49-24.png

upload_2018-11-16_10-49-50.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on the reception from your new antenna? I’m considering the 24” version of the same one. Thanks. Your Jeep is coming along nicely, BTW.
Thanks, both antennae I have used seem to be fine. I rarely listen to much on it though. I still pick up the few things around and HD stations just fine though.

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
Hey Mitch...VERY nice build and like the way you listed the installs, along with the price. With the Mopar lift and the Coops, how is the ride on the street/highway?

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mitch...VERY nice build and like the way you listed the installs, along with the price. With the Mopar lift and the Coops, how is the ride on the street/highway?
Thanks!

It's decent, certainly drivable, but it floats and jumps around more than stock, but it still rides better than my JK did on duratrac 34s. driving it daily would probably get tiresome if you have a long commute.

I think my next purchase will be a steering stabilizer, just not sure which one yet.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Little update. I picked up a Tazer JL right before Christmas. Install was tricky because of my big clumsy hands but I got it going without too much trouble.

I don't like that it assumed I wanted things like the turn signal camera enabled and the auto shut off and traction control disabled from the jump. I got everything installed and set up how I wanted though in less than a half hour.

After about 250 miles so far my MPG isnt quite where I thought it would be and the shift patterns dont feel quite right. I've read that gets better with some more miles but we shall see. I'll update as time goes on but right now if I'm going about 75 it sits in 6th gear and it feels like it should be in 7th or 8th. I'm averaging 14.3 mpg.

Still running the stock 4.10 gearing.

I also got a rear cargo mat from weather tech as a Christmas gift from my team at work.

upload_2018-12-28_8-47-27.png

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I would re- gear to 4.88. Should be in 8th at 75mph. Mat looks nice, I need to pick one up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got out and played in the snow this weekend after doing some snowboarding. My area got about 18 inches in 24 hours.

Got me thinking about a roof rack for by equipment.
upload_2019-1-23_10-41-29.png

Also finally made up my mind and ordered a winch (smittybilt X2O 10 comp gen 2 ) along with a mounting plate and some accessories from Maximus 3. Should be here this week.

Some other items that may be coming in the future
Metalcloak skids
The bead lock or at least protection rings for my AEV Borah wheels.
Some sort of communication device
4.88 gears

colorado25

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trail
Got her home with new shoes. 37" 1250 x 17 Copper STT Pros

Cool way of storing your old suspension parts

upload_2018-11-12_15-53-51.png
Nice build! Liking what you've done so far. On your picture above with your JL in the garage. Do you have a standard garage door, 7ft tall? Just was curious how these are fitting in garages with different lifts and larger tires. If 7ft, looks like you even have a little room left.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build! Liking what you've done so far. On your picture above with your JL in the garage. Do you have a standard garage door, 7ft tall? Just was curious how these are fitting in garages with different lifts and larger tires. If 7ft, looks like you even have a little room left.
Thanks!

It is a standard size garage door and I have a few inches to spare. I think a 4" lift and 40s would probably be too much to fit. As it is, I don't think a full roof rack would fit. I'm looking to move in a couple years, a taller garage & door will be a strong consideration.

colorado25

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trail
Thanks!

It is a standard size garage door and I have a few inches to spare. I think a 4" lift and 40s would probably be too much to fit. As it is, I don't think a full roof rack would fit. I'm looking to move in a couple years, a taller garage & door will be a strong consideration.
Good to hear. Yea I understand the garage issue. One of the few things I dislike about our house is the garage ceiling and door height. Seems like those 8' tall doors are becoming more popular.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear. Yea I understand the garage issue. One of the few things I dislike about our house is the garage ceiling and door height. Seems like those 8' tall doors are becoming more popular.
I think I'm dreaming about designing my perfect garage barn more than I am designing my dream house lol.

I want a 10 foot door with a hoist large and strong enough to lift the hard top off with a rack and rooftop tent attached to it.
Sponsored