JLUR 4 Door Hard Top Buffeting Fix

MtgGuy99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
My 22 is doing the same thing. I remember seeing this thread though and I'm glad it popped back up.

My 22 4XE is doing this as well, I actually notice a buffeting noise or like a weird pressure when shutting the door. I’m going to try this pool noodle fix and see if it works!
Sponsored

Orcman84

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 6MT
‘22 JLUR experiencing the same. Did the 3.5 inch tall pool noodle pieces remedy from a few posts back which solved the issue. I have some Hothead Headliners on order. Going to see if the headliners alone solve the issue. If not, I’ll incorporate the pool noodle pieces too.

SwampWitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys JL
I have a 22 2-door. Pressure when closing the door. Gives me horrible ear/headaches. Would the sound be coming from above the soundbar/sportbar area?

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
I have a 22 2-door. Pressure when closing the door. Gives me horrible ear/headaches. Would the sound be coming from above the soundbar/sportbar area?
That's odd. There's some venting in the tailgate if you remove the panel. Maybe they're stuck closed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

SwampWitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys JL
That's odd. There's some venting in the tailgate if you remove the panel. Maybe they're stuck closed. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I checked the venting… added a headliner. This has been going on since I bought the Jeep 6 months ago. Interior sounds hollow And echoing. Some days my ears ring.

Sponsored

Scoobiedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
It has not stopped with the 2023 models... we just drove a 2023 Sahara 4xe home, and the minute we hit our dirt/gravel road it started. Just about can't stay in the vehicle with it. I'm going to try to stack a few of these cut to the correct height. Got them from Amazon a while back.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR 4 Door Hard Top Buffeting Fix 1669064311342

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Interesting. This isn't something I've noticed in the short time I've owned my 2023, but then I always have music playing, so it's likely being masked for now.

This could be one of those "I didn't know I had a problem until I saw someone else post their problem" thing for me 😆

Scoobiedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. This isn't something I've noticed in the short time I've owned my 2023, but then I always have music playing, so it's likely being masked for now.

This could be one of those "I didn't know I had a problem until I saw someone else post their problem" thing for me 😆
I hate those kind of problems. Just don't even tell me about it if I haven't noticed it.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR 4 Door Hard Top Buffeting Fix 1669068794904

Scoobiedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried the foam... did not fix it here. I wedged it very tight all across the back bar, sides and some on the front bar... still hearing the noise. Bummer.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have never noticed this on my 2021 4-door. I do have the Hotheads headliners though, so maybe they do enough to quiet it down since they are semi-rigid themselves. I added the Hotheads not long after I got it so maybe it did it originally and I just forgot/never noticed it.
Sponsored