Sponsored

JLUR + 3.5" MetalCloak Lift + BFG K02 37x12.50x17 Door Handle Height?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
JLUR owners with the above configuration, can you give me the height from the ground to the bottom of the door handle?

Trying to ensure this will fit in my garage before I install the 3.5" springs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have that setup, ~44" to the handle

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have that setup, ~44" to the handle
I have the MC GC 2.5" lift on it now with the BFG's and it is 46" to the bottom of the driver's side door handle. I was hoping you were going to say about 47"-48".

It makes me wonder how much more height I will gain with the 3.5" springs.

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
If you need confirmation on another measurement, i can measure mine in the morning as well. I have the same setup. Running soft top now.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you need confirmation on another measurement, i can measure mine in the morning as well. I have the same setup. Running soft top now.
Much appreciated and thanks!

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have the MC GC 2.5" lift on it now with the BFG's and it is 46" to the bottom of the driver's side door handle. I was hoping you were going to say about 47"-48".

It makes me wonder how much more height I will gain with the 3.5" springs.
Hah, excuse my earlier post looked at my before/after numbers wrong. Looks like that was the "before" door handle measurement. Don't have my doors on right now otherwise I'd go check for you. If my before was 44 I'm probably at or 1/2" above 48.

We're you asking this same question a few days ago but to the top of Jeep?

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hah, excuse my earlier post looked at my before/after numbers wrong. Looks like that was the "before" door handle measurement. Don't have my doors on right now otherwise I'd go check for you. If my before was 44 I'm probably at or 1/2" above 48.

We're you asking this same question a few days ago but to the top of Jeep?
I did ask a similar question (so did another member) and I also posted my measurements, but the measurement at the top can vary, so I wanted to "standardize" using a measurement that is easier to obtain.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I did ask a similar question (so did another member), but the measurement at the top can vary, so I wanted to "standardize" using a measurement that is easier to obtain.
Gotcha, was just curious if I was losing it mentally or not lol. If I remember you said your garage door was 6'8" or something? Do you have a hard top, soft top, both, or are you trying to decide on a top? If you have a hard top you'll be fine with the 3.5" springs with a 6'8" garage door.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 48in.

I just went out and measure for you, but I am on 37in Cooper SST at 30lbs psi with Synergy 4in springs. (Net 4.5 in front with Teraflex leveler and 4 in back.)

I measured for speedo correction and inputted tire size at 35.6ins. Dead on speedo and GPS.

IMHO

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, was just curious if I was losing it mentally or not lol. If I remember you said your garage door was 6'8" or something? Do you have a hard top, soft top, both, or are you trying to decide on a top? If you have a hard top you'll be fine with the 3.5" springs with a 6'8" garage door.
I have both tops, but have not installed the soft top yet. It would not be the end of the world if it will not fit with the 3.5" springs and soft top, but definitely would be a problem if it doesn't with the hard top.

The opening is 82" or 6-10".

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 48in.

I just went out and measure for you, but I am on 37in Cooper SST at 30lbs psi with Synergy 4in springs. (Net 4.5 in front with Teraflex leveler and 4 in back.)

I measured for speedo correction and inputted tire size at 35.6ins. Dead on speedo and GPS.

IMHO
Thanks for that. Your lift will be taller than what I will be. My BFGs are at 35.5" tall, but sounds like I'll still be shorter.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have both tops, but have not installed the soft top yet. It would not be the end of the world if it will not fit with the 3.5" springs and soft top, but definitely would be a problem if it doesn't with the hard top.

The opening is 82" or 6-10".
You'd clear the garage with the soft top and 3.5" springs

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
I did ask a similar question (so did another member) and I also posted my measurements, but the measurement at the top can vary, so I wanted to "standardize" using a measurement that is easier to obtain.
Another common measurement that will remain pretty constant, is shock length center of eyelet to center of eyelet. For reference, a stock Rubicon is typically 20" in the front, 22.5" rear. This is a good way to know exact lift height, regardless of what height springs you have, how much additional weight you have, etc.

From here, you would just need the tire height, or even better, height to the center of the hub from the ground.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Another common measurement that will remain pretty constant, is shock length center of eyelet to center of eyelet. For reference, a stock Rubicon is typically 20" in the front, 22.5" rear. This is a good way to know exact lift height, regardless of what height springs you have, how much additional weight you have, etc.

From here, you would just need the tire height, or even better, height to the center of the hub from the ground.
Note, the the front shocks are near vertical, and match lift height closely, but the rears are on an angle, so it's not 1:1 with lift.

Ours is a JLUR 4xe, but shock measurements with MC 3.5" are 24.625/24.25" front and 27.125/26.75" rear (driver/passenger).

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
JLUR owners with the above configuration, can you give me the height from the ground to the bottom of the door handle?

Trying to ensure this will fit in my garage before I install the 3.5" springs.
As you know, it could vary depending on the weight of the order options (engine, bumper, top, etc.), and the weight of any added mods (exterior and interior).
Sponsored