Sponsored

JLUR 3.5" lift and 37" tires: Where do you find clearance in rear wheel wells?

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Do you mean to explain that the geometry of the long arm kit allows the wheel to move along a path that is nearer to vertical than the rearward tending arc made by the "mid length" control arms used by lift kits that do not require cutting off the OEM pivot mounts and welding new ones on?
Yup, that’s the advantage of a long arm kit. Minimizes the arc during wheel travel. Downfall is that the arms are more exposed and requires different mounts to be welded on the frame. But, the arms slide on the rocks pretty easy and RK arms are bent to gain some of that clearance back.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Long arms are really great way to lift a Jeep
Too late for me... but I had decided I was not ready to go all out with long arms so I'll just savor the envy and get by with the parts we just installed. :)

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
It seems like that rear end pinch seam is destined to be trimmed.

I guess I'll need to learn about fender liners. Are there any that offer benefits while allowing me to retain the trim ring or edge trim on the fenders?

How about comparisons of actual improved clearance? Are some of the sheet folded fender liners less effective than others?

Thank you.
CAn't say exactly how much clearance I gained, but it was quite a bit by removing fender liners and going with aftermarket inners. I am on 3.5" synergy springs with 37's toyos( measure right at 36'), and I do not get into the factory pinch seem.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
As a data point

After the installing the RK lift and the Artec liners, no trimming of sheet metal was needed to keep the 37's from rubbing the Jeep.
Sponsored