JLU Wrangler Auto 4WD

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We often have intermittent snow and intermittent slippery roads.

What is the maximum speed that auto 4wd can be used at? We are skiers. It would be great to put the Jeep in Auto 4Hi and drive.
Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Iā€™ve driven at highway speed with no issues. I donā€™t believe the auto 4wd has a speed restriction.

OP
OP
2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Iā€™ve driven at highway speed with no issues. I donā€™t believe the auto 4wd has a speed restriction.
Thanks Dave!

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
There is a recommended speed limit on shifting between modes (consult the manual for your trim level/transfer case), but not the speed you can drive at in that mode. There's nothing wrong with leaving it in 4A, but being in the GTA, I recommend you use 4HI whenever you're off dry pavement and in those potentially slippery conditions. That's part of the fun of driving a Wrangler!

Other references:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/selec-trac-question.32189/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/selec-trac-full-time-4wd-sys.20986/

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OP, I donā€™t believe that there are any constraints on 4WD Auto (speed, distance, conditions, etc). I believe, although I could be wrong, that is ā€˜set and forget.ā€™

that said, I believe that on those sunny summer days you will get better gas mileage if you toss it into 2WD.

I wanted auto 4WD for my Rubicon for Colorado winters. Sadly, it wasnā€™t offered last year.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
2mnycars

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Waste of gas ! I use my selec trac when it snows.
Thanks. We would too. We have command trac in our Wrangler. Select trac would suit our winter needs better. Summer road use would be 2wd.