Sponsored

JLU spotted playing in Silver Lake Sand Dunes

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
is anyone else bother by the size of those massive side mirrors? at least they seem massive to me. look like dumbo ears.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Where is silver lake sand dunes? Interesting the red (lobster?) has a euro spec bumper.

Sponsored

LordEgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
There's a lot of room in those wheel wells. I'm betting you could get 35s in there. Now the smart money wants lift anyway, but looks like they might have taken a cue from the "lower40" jeep too.

OP
OP
CorpCow

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Anyone able to make out what the orange flags say?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
There's a lot of room in those wheel wells. I'm betting you could get 35s in there. Now the smart money wants lift anyway, but looks like they might have taken a cue from the "lower40" jeep too.
Didn't they already say the Rubicon rock rails on the JL will be trimmed back to accept 35s? Which would mean it's not a stretch to think the Rubi, with it's added height over other models, would fit 35s straight off the lot.

Sponsored

JimKrrk

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Rubicon
Silver Lake Sand Dunes is along the western lakeshore of Michigan. Right along Lake Michigan. It is about a 3 hour drive from the Detroit area.

Many auto manufacturers test new or updated vehicles offroad there during the summer months. It is unusual to see just one camo vehicle there however, normally they have 4-6 vehicles with one current model vehicle as an assist vehicle. They have lots of sensors and computers and are driven by young engineers, some from second party testing companies. As I was entering the area I saw this camo JLU pictured above leaving so I was not able to check it out. That's the first JL I've seen there so far.

The pre-production Ford Raptors tested there extensively the summer before their release. I've seen many weird vehicles being tested, an offroad firetruck and many armored military vehicles. Mack Truck even shot a promotional video there for a huge MWRAP vehicle.

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Silver Lake Sand Dunes is along the western lakeshore of Michigan. Right along Lake Michigan. It is about a 3 hour drive from the Detroit area.

Many auto manufacturers test new or updated vehicles offroad there during the summer months. It is unusual to see just one camo vehicle there however, normally they have 4-6 vehicles with one current model vehicle as an assist vehicle. They have lots of sensors and computers and are driven by young engineers, some from second party testing companies. As I was entering the area I saw this camo JLU pictured above leaving so I was not able to check it out. That's the first JL I've seen there so far.

The pre-production Ford Raptors tested there extensively the summer before their release. I've seen many weird vehicles being tested, an offroad firetruck and many armored military vehicles. Mack Truck even shot a promotional video there for a huge MWRAP vehicle.
Nice catch. I guess this is them benchmarking against the JK, seeing as how there is really no other competition ;)

To answer question above, the flags seem to read "B-L" and then other text I can't make out.