JLU Sport To Rubicon Suspension Swaps

BJG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
So, I know this question is getting super old, but alot of the threads are older and I'm not sure if the smart guys are still following some of them.

My initial question is regarding control arms when swapping JLUS to JLUR springs and shocks. ALOT of people recommend longer lower arms, my question is ... Is this just for the front? Or is it recommended to swap all four lower control arms?

My plan is as follows. I have a 2018 with Tow Package, so I have the Dana 44 LSD so I feel that I have a pretty good foundation. I'm installing JLUR Hardtop Springs & Shocks. I think I am going to add the 0.5" Teraflex spacers all around as well, because I obviously want more clearance and would like to go to 35" tires now, because I only want to upgrade once if possible.

Yell at me! I want to collect all of the data I can now.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
There’s no difference between control arms from a sport to rubicon. However, the stock rubicon’s are right on the brink of needing some caster added. If you swap in a rubi coil and shock, it’ll be fine. If you add some spacers I’d suggest correcting caster. The mopar extended LCA are reasonably priced, but not adjustable. If adjustability is something you want because maybe you want to grow the lift down the road, then I’d suggest some adjustable ones. MC has great uppers or RK has great lowers. From what you’re saying though, the UCAs would be the easiest behind the mopar ones.

Brett

OP
OP
BJG

BJG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
There’s no difference between control arms from a sport to rubicon. However, the stock rubicon’s are right on the brink of needing some caster added. If you swap in a rubi coil and shock, it’ll be fine. If you add some spacers I’d suggest correcting caster. The mopar extended LCA are reasonably priced, but not adjustable. If adjustability is something you want because maybe you want to grow the lift down the road, then I’d suggest some adjustable ones. MC has great uppers or RK has great lowers. From what you’re saying though, the UCAs would be the easiest behind the mopar ones.

Brett
To clarify, if I replace the LCA's, is all four corners or primarily just the front?

OP
OP
BJG

BJG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
OP
OP
BJG

BJG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Only the front are needed for caster. Rears are needed with larger lifts to adjust pinion angle.

It's weird how stock LCA's are so much more expensive than the longer ones.
Sponsored