2CLE1LIFE6

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Hey All,

I recently got a 2” Mopar Lift & 35 K02’s placed on my JLU Sport S stock wheels. There is no rubbing with normal day to day driving but I’m nervous going off road prior to getting spacers.

What is the worst thing that could happen with this issue? run against the shocks/lift, blow a tire, etc.. I know this sounds naive but want to know prior to doing something dumb when I can just wait for the spacers.

thanks everyone!
Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The only issue you should have is the tires hitting something at full lock. Turn them all the way left and right and see if they hit anything. You should be able to run 37's with that lift as far as vertical clearance I'd think, but I think you'd need different wheels (or wheel spacers) to push the tires out away from the frame.
And where are the pictures???

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

like above's post. check clearance on the control arms at full turn both directions if that clears than the only worry is that your tire will rub the plastic inner liner at full flex maybe. but thats nothing.

OP
OP
2CLE1LIFE6

2CLE1LIFE6

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
like above's post. check clearance on the control arms at full turn both directions if that clears than the only worry is that your tire will rub the plastic inner liner at full flex maybe. but thats nothing.
thanks! It does clear, so I shouldn’t be worried about the rear tires while it’s flexed?

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

looks like you rubbed on the lower control arm a little bit by the last two pictures might wanna think about a spacer for the front or a offset wheel.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looks like you've got a little bit of rub on the front LCA. You have 3 options here:
1. $0.00 adjust your steering stops out a little bit.
2. Some $ add wheel spacers
3. A little more $ buy wheels with less backspacing.

As for the rear, find a small hill and put your front tire on it, and check the rear for clearance. Like this:

flex.jpg

flex2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
2CLE1LIFE6

2CLE1LIFE6

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Looks like you've got a little bit of rub on the front LCA. You have 3 options here:
1. $0.00 adjust your steering sops out a little bit.
2. Some $ add wheel spacers
3. A little more $ buy wheels with less backspacing.

As for the rear, find a small hill and put your front tire on it, and check the rear for clearance. Like this:

flex.jpg

flex2.jpg
Appreciate it - I’ll find a hill today/tomorrow. If I did get spacers think I would need to get it don’t prior to off-roading or just take it easy out there until I can get it

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you do decide to go with spacers, get a good quality spacer. Synergy, Spidertrax, Bora, and G2 are good choices, and make sure they are installed correctly.

OP
OP
2CLE1LIFE6

2CLE1LIFE6

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
If you do decide to go with spacers, get a good quality spacer. Synergy, Spidertrax, Bora, and G2 are good choices, and make sure they are installed correctly.
I’ve been looking at the Spidertrax, thanks for the tips
Sponsored