Sponsored

JLU Sport S - % below invoice price

FindersJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX5
First time posting - looking at a few 2020 black JLU Sport S, and I'm trying to take advantage of deals/incentives right now, and don't really feel like waiting until fall for ordering. Looking to join the Jeep family here soon!

All dealers thus far (after researching for about 3-4 weeks) have been at 5% below invoice price (roughly $38,000 with tax, doc, license, fees). They won't budge much I might add. Is this a good deal on a JLU Sport S, hard top? I feel like I should be negotiating more even though they claim this employee for everyone price is the lowest they can go. I've heard of that tactic before when buying new...just curious if this is the norm right now or maybe only with Jeeps.

Any input from negotiating pros would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sport and Sport S don't have the profit margin as much as Sahara or Rubicon so dealers usually don't cut as much. If you are getting similar deals from several dealers in the area then that may be the regional price Jeep gives them. Different dealers and different areas get different factory incentives. In the long run does a few hundred dollars matter?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
(roughly $38,000 with tax, doc, license, fees)
I think that is probably at a good point. I've priced the Sports here and it's hard to get to about that price level. Rolling off the lot price for a stripped down Sport with hand crank windows is about $36k. I'm talking about hardtop and auto trans which makes a little difference to pricing too. The dealers appear to be hanging onto a little bit of profit margin and that is where they stop. The rest are manufacturer incentives that they can just pass along. At this point intense shopping and negotiation might save you a few hundred but probably not any large amounts. Unfortunately the only way for you to find out if you have the rockbottom price is to do the intense shopping and negotiation.
Sponsored