Sponsored

JLU Sport Regear for 35’s w/ 2 in lift??

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I stuck with the factory rubicon wheels (rubicon wheels for my sahara, and 4xe rubicon wheels for my 4xe) because i have yet to see anything lighter, and i like them.

in terms of tires, the lightest 35’s are going to be the C rated KO2’s. I went with the Falken wildpeaks AT3W as i think they are just a little better in the snow & rain. The issue with the AT3W’s though, is that they do not offer them in a C rated version. To help keep the weight down, help with traction in the snow, and finally to help with rubbing in the fenders, i went with 285/75r17 tire size. These are the same height as the 35” KO2’s, but not quite as wide.

there are lots of good tire options out there, but most were pretty heavy. Here were MY decision criteria (everyone will have a different situation and list & order of criteria)

Winter rated / severe weather rating (the mountain snowflake symbol on the tires)
Rain traction (this is the area where i saw a noticeable improvement over my KO2s)
Good reviews
Light weight

Despite being an AT, i have found them to be very quiet. (The KO2s are pretty quiet as well)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I stuck with the factory rubicon wheels (rubicon wheels for my sahara, and 4xe rubicon wheels for my 4xe) because i have yet to see anything lighter, and i like them.

in terms of tires, the lightest 35’s are going to be the C rated KO2’s. I went with the Falken wildpeaks AT3W as i think they are just a little better in the snow & rain. The issue with the AT3W’s though, is that they do not offer them in a C rated version. To help keep the weight down, help with traction in the snow, and finally to help with rubbing in the fenders, i went with 285/75r17 tire size. These are the same height as the 35” KO2’s, but not quite as wide.

there are lots of good tire options out there, but most were pretty heavy. Here were MY decision criteria (everyone will have a different situation and list & order of criteria)

Winter rated / severe weather rating (the mountain snowflake symbol on the tires)
Rain traction (this is the area where i saw a noticeable improvement over my KO2s)
Good reviews
Light weight

Despite being an AT, i have found them to be very quiet. (The KO2s are pretty quiet as well)
Thank you for the info!! Snow isn’t a major issue for me, but rain traction definitely is! I still have about 20k before my tires go. Figured I’d start my homework now

mgenbox

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler jl 2 dr sport
Machine is a good description haha love it! How do you like the Micky T’s? How’s the road noise?
Mickeys seem pretty good. First time using large tires so not sure if they r better r worse than others. Minimal hum on hwy. Trying mud for first time tomorrow

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
With the lift and shocks do you feel like you got the full 2.5 inches of lift? All in, what did the lift/shocks/disconnect cost you if you don’t mind me asking?
I did get the 2.5”. With a spacer lift you get what they say it is because that is the size of the spacer. Still uses the stock springs and it sits between the perch and spring. It’s really a 2.5” front 2” rear so it levels out the rake. I run a steel bumper and a winch and the Jeep sits level. All in I am around $500 including a little labor. I didn’t feel like trying to the spacers on the ground so I paid to have it installed. I did everything else myself.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I did get the 2.5”. With a spacer lift you get what they say it is because that is the size of the spacer. Still uses the stock springs and it sits between the perch and spring. It’s really a 2.5” front 2” rear so it levels out the rake. I run a steel bumper and a winch and the Jeep sits level. All in I am around $500 including a little labor. I didn’t feel like trying to the spacers on the ground so I paid to have it installed. I did everything else myself.
I appreciate all the info!!

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I have a 21 Sport S 4 door. Got a Mopar 2 inch lift which actually lifted it about 4 inches. I have 35's on stock wheels. In my opinion, the lift was too much. I don't like the amount of space between top of tire & bottom of flare. Going to put rubicon springs on instead of the Mopar. I have a V6, but I regeared to 456. It's a bit much. It takes off like a raped ape & spins when the paved roads are wet even when I don't want to.

tempImageztNN36.png

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I have a 21 Sport S 4 door. Got a Mopar 2 inch lift which actually lifted it about 4 inches. I have 35's on stock wheels. In my opinion, the lift was too much. I don't like the amount of space between top of tire & bottom of flare. Going to put rubicon springs on instead of the Mopar. I have a V6, but I regeared to 456. It's a bit much. It takes off like a raped ape & spins when the paved roads are wet even when I don't want to.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Sport Regear for 35’s w/ 2 in lift?? tempImageztNN36
I have noticed that the Mopar lift gives a little more lift and I want to avoid that. That’s good to know about the regear!! That definitely helps my decision haha. Hope you get the rig setup the way you want!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Sport Regear for 35’s w/ 2 in lift?? tempImageztNN36
I might be in the minority but your fender gap looks perfect. Did you regear with the lift or after?

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I might be in the minority but your fender gap looks perfect. Did you regear with the lift or after?
At the same time. The gap is starting to grow on me & the rubicon springs may never happen. Thanks.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
At the same time. The gap is starting to grow on me & the rubicon springs may never happen. Thanks.
I agree with Dr3, I think the gap looks perfect. How do you like the Toyo AT3s?

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
How about in the rain? I am leaning towards them for my next set.
Rain performance is good. I've usually had more aggressive & rain & snow was terrible. I'm hoping since the rain use is good, the snow performance will be too.
Sponsored