JLU Sport Dome Light Removal

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Just finish mine and agree this is a great/easy upgrade!

Only issue (I know small one) is why FCA chose to have two different K ratings of the LEDs? Center one is ~6K (WHITE) and the side ones are ~3.5k (YELLOW). They should all be the ~6K range to match the other interior LEDs.

upload_2019-2-7_14-28-34.jpeg
Sponsored

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
I have the 2018, currently the 4 reading lights stay off, and only the center lite up. Is this part# 6CD43TX7AG mean to replace my whole 5 lights assembly?

Thanks

For those of you interested, I saw a facebook post on a JL site that mentions the 2019 version of the dome light has it where all 5 lights (main light and the 4 map lights) illuminate automatically when you open the door. I ordered it and it makes a world of difference in the interior.

Part number is #6CD43TX7AG

Dustin if you are on here, thanks for the tip!

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5873.jpg

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
IS this a Full board replacement???

What parts are removed to swap to the new part# 6CD43TX7AG?

Sponsored

SkipDog12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 4 dr
I have a 18 JLU 4 dr. Purchased/picked-up Mar 2019. Ready to order the upgrade then realized mine has all the lights on when I open the front / rears doors. No upgrade needed. Strange ?

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
You actually don't need to remove the torx screws. Stick a long flathead screwdriver through the two panels of the sound bar and pry the light downward. The light pops right out and the other plastic pops back together. Switch the plug and pop the new light in.

If it takes you more than 15 seconds you're doing something wrong. And yeah, awesome upgrade. What a difference!

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

Jwood

First Name
Ok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl 2018
any way to upgrade that tiny little center LED for something that can actually light the cabin area when the doors are open? the four corner lights are pretty bright, but don't think they light up when the doors open. thanks!
How do you separate the board from the lights. Are those screws Or did they just pop out?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
How do you separate the board from the lights. Are those screws Or did they just pop out?
My understanding from all of the posts is the leds and the board are one complete unit, and not meant to be replaced individually.

OP
OP
Tragdor

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That’s right. The lights are soldered on to the board. This upgrade is inexpensive and definitely worth it in my opinion. As someone mentioned on the forum, the only annoying thing about it is the map lights and dome lights are different temperature so different light output. Bright but different colors. Still worth it.

Sponsored

mcaudill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anybody try adding LEDs to the existing OEM fixture. I'm definitely not an electrician but it seems to me additional LEDs could be wired in somehow. Thoughts?

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
You actually don't need to remove the torx screws. Stick a long flathead screwdriver through the two panels of the sound bar and pry the light downward. The light pops right out and the other plastic pops back together. Switch the plug and pop the new light in.

If it takes you more than 15 seconds you're doing something wrong. And yeah, awesome upgrade. What a difference!

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Sport Dome Light Removal IMG_7225

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Sport Dome Light Removal IMG_7225
thanks for this tip, i did it the same way. Spent no more than 1 min doing this upgrade.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I wish I could change the leds to red. Did it with all my previous vehicles to retain night vision but these are soldered to the damn board. I tried using brake light tape but it need to wrap around the edges to not bleed light out 😡

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
thanks for this tip, i did it the same way. Spent no more than 1 min doing this upgrade.
Didn’t work for me. My light assembly was really secure. Ended up scuffing a whole lot of plastic and putting a permanent ding in the panel.