JLU Sport Build

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
Hi Everyone, i ventured out and bought a used 2020 JLU. Can't tell you how excited i am about this.

The car is pretty much stock and i will be getting it in about 2 weeks. Planned upgraded are as follow:

Kanati mud hog 35x12.50r20 tires

Tis offroad 20x12 Wheels

Teraflex Sport ST3 Suspension System

Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Shocks

Fox Steering Stabilizer

SmittyBilt Front and Rear flat fender flare Set

Barricade Vision Series Front Bumper with LED Fog Lights and LED Light Bar

Tubbing Nerf Bar Running Board

Black Front Grille ABS

Stinger 10" Radio Replacement Kit

Things have been ordered and will be here by the time the Jeep arrives. I would REALLY appreciate any advice on what else can i do to upgrade the riding quality of the Jeep and suspension.

Thank you!!
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Hi Everyone, i ventured out and bought a used 2020 JLU. Can't tell you how excited i am about this.

The car is pretty much stock and i will be getting it in about 2 weeks. Planned upgraded are as follow:

Kanati mud hog 35x12.50r20 tires

Tis offroad 20x12 Wheels

Teraflex Sport ST3 Suspension System

Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Shocks

Fox Steering Stabilizer

SmittyBilt Front and Rear flat fender flare Set

Barricade Vision Series Front Bumper with LED Fog Lights and LED Light Bar

Tubbing Nerf Bar Running Board

Black Front Grille ABS

Stinger 10" Radio Replacement Kit

Things have been ordered and will be here by the time the Jeep arrives. I would REALLY appreciate any advice on what else can i do to upgrade the riding quality of the Jeep and suspension.

Thank you!!
Thats going to be too much lift/fender clearance for the little 35s. If you're set on flat fenders you don't need a lift.

OP
OP
cgarcia4153

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
Thats going to be too much lift/fender clearance for the little 35s. If you're set on flat fenders you don't need a lift.
Hi Rustys, thanks for the feedback. I actually got some 37”s..my mistake on putting that up there.

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
@RUSTYS IMHO, I think a more appropriate statement would have been to say that "I would prefer 37"s with that particular Teraflex lift..."

What you stated is inaccurate/misleading and goes against what Teraflex themselves say in their videos and website.

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
The 37's will only fit with the ST3 lift 100% if you have the high clearance Rubicon fenders. With the lower factory Sport/Sahara fenders you run the risk of the tires rubbing the fenders on the up travel of the suspension. However the 37's should fit okay if you ran flat fenders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cgarcia4153

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
The 37's will only fit with the ST3 lift 100% if you have the high clearance Rubicon fenders. With the lower factory Sport/Sahara fenders you run the risk of the tires rubbing the fenders on the up travel of the suspension. However the 37's should fit okay if you ran flat fenders.
Thank you. That’s what I was told as well. That’s why I got the fender flares.

OP
OP
cgarcia4153

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
@RUSTYS IMHO, I think a more appropriate statement would have been to say that "I would prefer 37"s with that particular Teraflex lift..."

What you stated is inaccurate/misleading and goes against what Teraflex themselves say in their videos and website.
Hi, not sure what you mean. But I appreciate the feedback.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger

You knuckle head with that lift plus the flat fenders he's going to have a lot of space to fill and I definitely wouldn't run both with a 35. Then again what do I know.

OP
OP
cgarcia4153

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
You knuckle head with that lift plus the flat fenders he's going to have a lot of space to fill and I definitely wouldn't run both with a 35. Then again what do I know.
Hi RUSTYS...I’m running them with 37s

Mainejeepfan

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl sport s
Just be prepared to wait a long ass time for those shocks I ordered the st3 lift kit like 3 weeks ago and I have the entire kit except the falcon 3.3 shocks which are on back order for up to 10 weeks. nice options on your jeep though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cgarcia4153

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
Just be prepared to wait a long ass time for those shocks I ordered the st3 lift kit like 3 weeks ago and I have the entire kit except the falcon 3.3 shocks which are on back order for up to 10 weeks. nice options on your jeep though.
Thank you very much!! I got very lucky with the shocks because someone else had bought them and did not want them anymore. Brand new in the box....the lift kit 4WP told me they would arrive next week but I have yet to received a tracking #. Only missing that and the front bumper (arriving Monday)

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
OK Ron
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Sport Build 1613094661182

Mountaineers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rustys, thanks for the feedback. I actually got some 37”s..my mistake on putting that up there.
Man, don’t listen to all the bad feedback on the lift size vs. tires. Fender clearance allows for more articulation during use. I run an ST3 with pizza cutter 34s (they measure 1/2 in smaller than 35s, mounted) and love it. Get TONS of compliments and performance on the trail is awesome!

375DF224-7637-4EAC-9E0E-1A3023121F7F.jpeg

OP
OP
cgarcia4153

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
Man, don’t listen to all the bad feedback on the lift size vs. tires. Fender clearance allows for more articulation during use. I run an ST3 with pizza cutter 34s (they measure 1/2 in smaller than 35s, mounted) and love it. Get TONS of compliments and performance on the trail is awesome!

375DF224-7637-4EAC-9E0E-1A3023121F7F.jpeg

OP
OP
cgarcia4153

cgarcia4153

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep JLU
Thank you very much. Jeep got delayed and won’t be getting it until the end of next week. It has given me a chance to buy a few more things and hopefully will start posting pics next week. 🤞
Sponsored