Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, perhaps a silly question but what’s the deal with the interior plastic panel on the back door of my JLU Sahara? It looks like it could be used to mount things like a molle system, but doesn’t look like it actually works. Thoughts?
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
My silly question - Is the small flat area on top of the rear gate meant for anything?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
My '18 JLU SAHARA only has smooth leather on the back doors--and !

I put a MOLLE NET on my TAILGATE !

SUNP0135_zpsposlxpew.jpg

W.E.

JIMBO

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My silly question - Is the small flat area on top of the rear gate meant for anything?
Its a built in spot to rest a drink while tailgating. Ive heard there's another one under the hood, but i forget to look every time I'm in there.

Sponsored

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
Its a built in spot to rest a drink while tailgating. Ive heard there's another one under the hood, but i forget to look every time I'm in there.
I wondered if that’s what it was for but my wife said it looked pretty risky resting a Sri k there on a door that can be bumped easily. Lol.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I wondered if that’s what it was for but my wife said it looked pretty risky resting a Sri k there on a door that can be bumped easily. Lol.
A couple weeks back I had to load up a lift kit, steering linkages, track bars, and control arms for a long day of installation. I forgot that I had put my coffee mug down on that spot until everything was packed in and I reached to close the tailgate. I was amazed that it was still there because it took over several trips back and forth and I was also in and out of the back doors to spread some weight on the back seat floors. There was definitely some jostling but no bumping of the tailgate. Maybe mopar will come out with a rubber tailgate coaster? Lol

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
A couple weeks back I had to load up a lift kit, steering linkages, track bars, and control arms for a long day of installation. I forgot that I had put my coffee mug down on that spot until everything was packed in and I reached to close the tailgate. I was amazed that it was still there because it took over several trips back and forth and I was also in and out of the back doors to spread some weight on the back seat floors. There was definitely some jostling but no bumping of the tailgate. Maybe mopar will come out with a rubber tailgate coaster? Lol
I like the idea! Lol

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes you can use mount MOLLE attachments on it. I have a first aid kit and the Jeep hardtop/door tool kit attached to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Leftwork

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread