Sponsored

JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
Stay away from the Cooper Evolution MTs. I had to go back and get different tires.

992A7FE8-46F2-482F-9D39-8A15EFA6E479.jpeg

E70F551B-B5E1-44CA-84BB-2EC0A4ADA4F1.jpeg

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
The Coopers rode great around town. Were soft riding and quiet, but on the highway would literally shake your fillings loose. In addition to the vibration they seemed to push the Jeep in a bit of a side to side motion. Felt like fishtailing.

I was explaining it to the guys at the tire store and they said, “Well it is a mud tire.” I said, “Hop in.” As soon as we hit 65 mph their eyes got big and they just said, “Ok, what other tire would you like to try?” No other questions asked.

Now, around town the Yokohamas “feel like a mud tire” but they ride nice enough with a little less air. Most importantly there is no crazy vibration. In fact they’re very smooth at highway speeds.

I’ve always been a huge Cooper fan, had them on my last three jeeps, but they seem to have a herd time making “round” tires anymore. I miss the old STTs.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The Coopers rode great around town. Were soft riding and quiet, but on the highway would literally shake your fillings loose. In addition to the vibration they seemed to push the Jeep in a bit of a side to side motion. Felt like fishtailing.

I was explaining it to the guys at the tire store and they said, “Well it is a mud tire.” I said, “Hop in.” As soon as we hit 65 mph their eyes got big and they just said, “Ok, what other tire would you like to try?” No other questions asked.

Now, around town the Yokohamas “feel like a mud tire” but they ride nice enough with a little less air. Most importantly there is no crazy vibration. In fact they’re very smooth at highway speeds.

I’ve always been a huge Cooper fan, had them on my last three jeeps, but they seem to have a herd time making “round” tires anymore. I miss the old STTs.

Thanks for the insight. I will pass on them. I am focused on the General Grabber x3 though they are a bit heavy for a 35". I have been toying with a dark horse the Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar. A few Jeep and Tacoma drivers have recommended it as a non traditional option. Everyone says they make decent noise especially over 65. Not terrible but mud tire typical.

Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight. I will pass on them. I am focused on the General Grabber x3 though they are a bit heavy for a 35". I have been toying with a dark horse the Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar. A few Jeep and Tacoma drivers have recommended it as a non traditional option. Everyone says they make decent noise especially over 65. Not terrible but mud tire typical.
I had them in a 33" on my JKU and they were loud, didn't wear evenly no matter what I did, and were relatively heavy. They did great off road, but for a daily driven vehicle I would look in a different direction.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had them in a 33" on my JKU and they were loud, didn't wear evenly no matter what I did, and were relatively heavy. They did great off road, but for a daily driven vehicle I would look in a different direction.
To confirm are you referring to the GY MT/Ts or the Grabber X3s?

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored