Sponsored

JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift

Ed El Man

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Ducati XDiavel S, 2011 Ducati 848 Evo, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grandtouring (the beater)
Vehicle Showcase

Ed El Man

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Ducati XDiavel S, 2011 Ducati 848 Evo, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grandtouring (the beater)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running 35's for about 1200 miles now. Mounted the spare just fine, no issues at least with the Mopar beadlocks...

IMG_0119 (1).jpg

30739640_10216375808048272_8710743152929013760_o.jpg
Did you break the rear axel?

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
he has it on a ramp to flex the suspension..
driver front and passenger rear are stuffed in the wheel wells..
passenger front and driver rear are extended.
his axles are fine

Last edited:

Geral Hasten

First Name
Geral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Did you re gear if not how is the transmission shifting and how bad did the fuel economy change?
I love mine, I have a 2016 Rubicon and a Rubicon, I am getting average 16.4 on the 16 and 21-22 on the 18.
I hate to go back to a poor milage at the prices today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Pooch

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you re gear if not how is the transmission shifting and how bad did the fuel economy change?
I love mine, I have a 2016 Rubicon and a Rubicon, I am getting average 16.4 on the 16 and 21-22 on the 18.
Hi, I did not regear for the 35s. Per the calc to keep OEM would need to move from 4.10-4.56 and didnt think it was worth the minor change. I'm running an auto so someone running a manual may be better to opine on the shifting. Its running smooth on the auto. I only ran the OEM for a week so hard to tell on how much the impact on fuel economy changed. I do little highway driving and am running around 15. Considering i don't drive high mileage on it (train commute) not a concern for me however I do see this as a valid factor. Maybe someone else can better opine on the shifting and gas mileage on this thread, sorry.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Would a 35 also fit on a Sahara without a lift?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
It's way better than the JKU with the 3.6 on 35's. In fact, according to the Tazer JL, I only lost .3 secs from 0-60 with 35's. I did 3 runs and got 6.875 secs, 6.915 seconds and 7.015 seconds. It didn't affect acceleration that badly at all.

Sponsored

Shadowrott

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBICON
Hi, I wanted to share thoughts/pics as I had a hard time researching the web & forums to ensure they would fit no problem without any additional MODs. I have drove it for a couple days and am more than happy. If you're considering what model to get and are looking to keep your tires 35 or under, i'd recommend the Rubicon. No need for any additional work with it coming in 4:10 gears w the Dana 44s (extra pts for details such as the hood vents) I'll caveat that for anyone who does hardcore rock crawling, not sure at full flex what the rubbing would be like, but for majority of jeep owners with daily driving & basic weekend offroading this seems perfect. I would figure any intense rock crawling wouldn't be in expensive new JL though :)

Here some pics (35x12.50x18 Kumho MT, Worx Rebel).

Jeep.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg
Hi, I wanted to share thoughts/pics as I had a hard time researching the web & forums to ensure they would fit no problem without any additional MODs. I have drove it for a couple days and am more than happy. If you're considering what model to get and are looking to keep your tires 35 or under, i'd recommend the Rubicon. No need for any additional work with it coming in 4:10 gears w the Dana 44s (extra pts for details such as the hood vents) I'll caveat that for anyone who does hardcore rock crawling, not sure at full flex what the rubbing would be like, but for majority of jeep owners with daily driving & basic weekend offroading this seems perfect. I would figure any intense rock crawling wouldn't be in expensive new JL though :)

Here some pics (35x12.50x18 Kumho MT, Worx Rebel).

Jeep.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg
I just ordered my new JL Rubicon and have 35's to put on. Did you have to have speedometer recalibrated? Your Rubicon looks awesome with those wheels/tires!

OP
OP
The Pooch

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just ordered my new JL Rubicon and have 35's to put on. Did you have to have speedometer recalibrated? Your Rubicon looks awesome with those wheels/tires!
Thanks! I have not yet but based on the only option being the aftermarket Tazer ($360), I think I'll probably just take it to the dealership to have it reprogrammed soon. My dealer is far but told me Chrysler charges dealers $125. The local Jeep dealer quoted me $140. The MPH differential is insignificant but if it improves shifting (have auto) then think it's definitely going to be worth it.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Can you give the dealer a list of stuff to do for the 140.00 or is that just for the tire size? Will that 140.00 cover you if you want to do a second or third change a month or two later?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I have not yet but based on the only option being the aftermarket Tazer ($360), I think I'll probably just take it to the dealership to have it reprogrammed soon. My dealer is far but told me Chrysler charges dealers $125. The local Jeep dealer quoted me $140. The MPH differential is insignificant but if it improves shifting (have auto) then think it's definitely going to be worth it.
They are going to charge you the service contract price of $125 that Mopar sets, and then whatever the dealership service fee is. I've had two dealers quote me prices only to come back later and add that $125 to it. I ended up paying $225 to have the tpms and speedo reprogrammed. That $125 mopar sets is a 2 month agreement, so from what my service manager told me is that I have a 2 month window where I could change tire sizes without a fee. I still think it was worth it, because it's now in record on my Vin that Mopar recalibrated their software to run 35s on their vehicle. I would hope that means something as far as warranty goes.