Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
35x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, no lift, stock rims and no problems.

20180402_103203.jpg
This is exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you. That looks good. I think that's what I will do.

I have 21 Rubi and also wondering if this would affect any warranties? Thanks again, great looking Jeep
Sponsored

Sponsored

donavo

First Name
Av
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
really considering this but im being held back with stock wheels being considered too narrow for the wider 35 12.50 17s. can anyone convince me that this is not an issue even in offroading? whats the danger of having narrow rims to tires?

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
really considering this but im being held back with stock wheels being considered too narrow for the wider 35 12.50 17s. can anyone convince me that this is not an issue even in offroading? whats the danger of having narrow rims to tires?
There is no danger. Off-roading it’s actually better than a wider rim because the slightly narrower rim puts a bit more pressure on the bead of the tire acting like a beadlock at lower air pressure. I have 37/12.5 on my stock wheels and it has worked like a dream for 2 years now...my brother has 12.5s on his stock wheels and they are perfect. I have 40/13.5 on my suburban on 9 in wheels and it’s perfect. The lawyers made discount stop putting tires on wheels that are 1/2 and inch out of “spec”. Not because of safety issues. On road the stock wheels with the deep backspacing make for a stock scrub radius which decreases wander over less backspaced wheels and more longevity out of ball joints and tie rod ends because there is no increased leverage. Lastly just as an example in 2003 my dad bought a new Ford F-350 dually 7.3 diesel and we lifted it 3 inches and put 35/12.5 on the stock 16x6 dually wheels because there were zero dually wheel options back then. We ran 36/12.5, 315/75/16 and 35/12.5 on those same wheels for over 10 years...the engine was built with 400hp to the rear wheels...we towed over 12000 lbs of trees at a time...mud, rocks, creek on deer leases and never once did we have any tire issues and that’s a 10,000lb diesel truck so 35/12.5 on our 8.5 inch wheels is a non issue 😉

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you. That looks good. I think that's what I will do.

I have 21 Rubi and also wondering if this would affect any warranties? Thanks again, great looking Jeep
Jeep covers every factory part still...they expect you to modify your Jeep so they made the warranty cover anything that is unmodified...so for example if you put a lift on your Jeep with new coil springs and shocks but everything else stays stock then Jeep will still cover everything on your Jeep except the aftermarket coil springs and shocks...it’s pretty awesome

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
Does @Discount Tire offer discounts to forum members? Also do they buy your lightly used factory tires for credit towards your new tires? I have a factory order 4Xe Rubicon coming and I am wanting to upgrade the stock 33 inch KO2 tires to 35 inch KO2 right away if that is possible. Let me know if anyone has experience with trading in tires for credit towards your new tires.

Sponsored

Beaching631

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, Manual, 35" & Fuel Coverts
Got my JLUR in December 2018. Finally put 35 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers and 18x9 Fuel Covert wheels on last week. I'm so happy with the look...wish I had done it sooner! Thank you to everyone on the forum who took the time to answer my questions!
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift Jeep1
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift Jeep2

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Jeep covers every factory part still...they expect you to modify your Jeep so they made the warranty cover anything that is unmodified...so for example if you put a lift on your Jeep with new coil springs and shocks but everything else stays stock then Jeep will still cover everything on your Jeep except the aftermarket coil springs and shocks...it’s pretty awesome
Well in that case going to look into a lift as well. Thanks appreciate it

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Posted in a few places but will post here: method mr312 wheels, 4.53” backspacing 17x9, stt cooper pro 315/70 tires, Teraflex hd tire carrier. No lift, no rub even disconnected!

Was unsure with sting gray how bronze would look but I’m stoked.

Evo rocker bomber rails. Did a great job deflecting the mud dirt and rocks. I was really surprised actually. Oh also for some reason my mpg is actually better compared to the stock. Bfg 33”.... haha. I think it’s because it’s suddenly much warmer in Reno.

View attachment 172817

View attachment 172818

Unearthing an older post here, but was I was wondering.

Was removing your whole screwed on center cap portion the only way you could get the TeraFlex carrier to work with your wheels? I have the same wheels and had planned on using them on my JLU when it gets here... however I may have to reconsider as I like to do a 5 tire rotation and unscrewing that center cap every time would get old and I feel like turn into problems over time.

Yadirayadira

First Name
Yadira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2015 Audi S5
Got my JLUR in December 2018. Finally put 35 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers and 18x9 Fuel Covert wheels on last week. I'm so happy with the look...wish I had done it sooner! Thank you to everyone on the forum who took the time to answer my questions!
This is the exact set up I’m considering. Please post more pics :) looks amazing
Sponsored