JPajot

First Name
Jean-Louis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Just checking in with those who did an upgrade to 35's if they notice a difference in the handling of their Jeeps especially with large standing water on roadways. I am running BFGoodrich T/A K02 and hydroplaning is much more noticeable.

Advertisement

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
M
Just checking in with those who did an upgrade to 35's if they notice a difference in the handling of their Jeeps especially with large standing water on roadways. I am running BFGoodrich T/A K02 and hydroplaning is much more noticeable.
My brother has not noticed a difference. He thought it would be better since the lugs are farther apart with larger water channels. The added width probably does make it more likely to hydroplane...just have to slow down I guess lol

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Does the spare tire carrier need reinforcement for 35's or is the stock carrier good to go?

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
35’s on Rubicon 4XE with no lift, no issues at all, drives same, could not even tell they were changed and drove highway at 65 for a bit as well, no rubbing (flex it pretty hard on the trail and I bet it would....), tailgate is not reinforced and handles this rim/tire combo no problem (clears stock steel bumper with about 1/4” as well). No experience with hydroplaning, but not much rain in So Cal, so not too worried but have heard from others the KO2 is not the best pick for rain areas.

BFG KO2’s 35 x 12.50 x 17
Black Rhino Kelso 17 x 9 (sku 1790KLS-85127G71)

458C4AF1-24E3-473D-9F0D-A4231332E5F3.jpeg

Eventually will lift it, but kinda want to wait while aftermarket figures out the right setup for the 4XE‘s extra weight, for now gonna take the scenic trails and enjoy the views!

DSW21

First Name
Danny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUR
Does the spare tire carrier need reinforcement for 35's or is the stock carrier good to go?
I personally wouldn't do it, but I've seen people run 37s without any additional reinforcement. With that said, I have reinforcement on mine with the spare 35. Don't want any potential issues with the tailgate door in the long term.

EDIT: I'd say that most people use reinforcement for 35s.

Last edited:

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I personally wouldn't do it, but I've seen people run 37s without any additional reinforcement. With that said, I have reinforcement on mine with the spare 35. Don't want any potential issues with the tailgate door in the long term.

EDIT: I'd say that most people use reinforcement for 35s.
I reinforced my tailgate, better safe than sorry. If you are going to replace the bumper and tire carrier, then don't worry about the reinforcements.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
The only issue that I have had with the 315 x 12.5 Cooper sst tires is the rear wheel can run against the stupid piece of plastic by the rear bumper. I feel like ripping the crap off. As far as I can tell, the plastic bump has zero use and the light piece above it catches the lugs on the tires. Comments?

Devil6Dog

First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
35’s on Rubicon 4XE with no lift, no issues at all, drives same, could not even tell they were changed and drove highway at 65 for a bit as well, no rubbing (flex it pretty hard on the trail and I bet it would....), tailgate is not reinforced and handles this rim/tire combo no problem (clears stock steel bumper with about 1/4” as well). No experience with hydroplaning, but not much rain in So Cal, so not too worried but have heard from others the KO2 is not the best pick for rain areas.

BFG KO2’s 35 x 12.50 x 17
Black Rhino Kelso 17 x 9 (sku 1790KLS-85127G71)

458C4AF1-24E3-473D-9F0D-A4231332E5F3.jpeg

Eventually will lift it, but kinda want to wait while aftermarket figures out the right setup for the 4XE‘s extra weight, for now gonna take the scenic trails and enjoy the views!
Beautiful jeep

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement