Sponsored

JLU Rubicon Come With 1 or 2 Rear Tow Hooks?

BigDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Don't have my JLUR yet (day 121 and still waiting), so am only guessing, but take a look at these parts for the right side:

Tow Hook ... 68186541AC
Mounting Bracket ... 68186540AC

Those look like the mirror image of the left side hook. Need to check if the bolt pattern is there. And, check for interference with the tail pipe ... too hot here to crawl around on the dealers lot and check.
I think your Part number 68186541AC is the JK number.
Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Yep, that's the JK one. Not sure if the JL mounts any differently, but that's definitely the JK part number.

I think your Part number 68186541AC is the JK number.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Yes, it does fit the 2017, but this Mopar page suggests that it also fits the 2018 model. I could be all wet, but would love to have someone check it out ... the hook, not my generally being all wet state.

upload_2018-8-3_13-14-47.jpeg

Sponsored

BigDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
So I just went out and looked at the rear hook on mine. The Driver's Side (Left) hook is set directly under the recessed section for the license plate. If you were to replicate the same hook in the same place on the right side (Mirror image), there would be almost no space to be able to attach anything to it.

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
Respectfully disagree. There is room when you look underneath and the hole is ready to accept bolts and nuts on the right side. The way the plastic is designed on the right side (cutout) the hook will fit. The design thought was there. They must have cost reduced it out figuring OCD people like me would pay $130 on this to add (although I am not). Couple pics below..wish I would have snagged the right one off my hard rock before selling.
IMG_4720.jpg
IMG_4719.jpg

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Somewhere on a forum, I remember seeing a posting from someone in the company that makes the tow hook for Jeep. It included a ghosted image of what the yet unavailable JL right tow hook looks like superimposed over a jk. It wasn’t even close. Can’t remember if it was on here or not, but I saw it after this thread was started.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
mine has 3

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Somewhere on a forum, I remember seeing a posting from someone in the company that makes the tow hook for Jeep. It included a ghosted image of what the yet unavailable JL right tow hook looks like superimposed over a jk. It wasn’t even close. Can’t remember if it was on here or not, but I saw it after this thread was started.
I don’t know how to do a link. Computer illiterate here. Found picture though. Look for thread titled Rear passenger ‘s side tow hook

Sponsored

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
I found that thread and the hooks are different geometry from JK to JL. Also understand the part may not even be available, but when or if MOPAR comes out with one that mimics left side JL it will fit if you have steel bumpers.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yep, that's the JK one. Not sure if the JL mounts any differently, but that's definitely the JK part number.
The JL hook on the driver side rear bumper has 4 bolt holes in it, not 3.

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda(s)

Yep it was me! Green is the JK red is the JL. There is no passenger hook currently.

jlvsjk-jpg.jpg

CaptainJLU

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked my JLU Sahara and it does not seam like the same hook fit the other side. the stock bumper is slightly deeper and has no cutouts.

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG